Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

Dani California

Familiar Face
I'm really nervous/excited about her new products coming out. I really hope she sticks to the vintage look. I showed my new roommate my makeup and she couldn't believe how gorgeous it was compared to every thing out there and how she's never come across it:). I told her it was a secret in the vintage community:) Anyway, she totally stocked up on makeup for herself and her sister. Made me want to buy some more, but sadly you can't any more:(

Dani California

Familiar Face
Laura Chase said:
I love, love, love the 30's mascara and the cherry red lipstick, it's amazing used as a lip stain. Took some photos of it today, will post later!

The 30's mascara is seriously the best mascara i have ever used and their regular one too! During the day, I usually use Red Hot Red or Besame Red as a lip stain...and at night I go full on:) I do love the Carmine color as well...sometimes i layer it with the Coral.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Alright, here I tried to represent the true effect of the Bésame 1930's mascara, since I really like it a lot. I've heard some ladies have problems with it smearing and smudging, but I don't think it smudges at all, not if you powder your eyes first so they are as dry as possible.

First, one eye with and the other without the 1930's mascara:

1930's mascara:

ThedaLove

New in Town
eek! I am awaiting the arrival of my Besame Treasures, which were completely unaffordable before "that sale." The parcel was supposed to arrive on Friday, but UPS was delayed, & it should be here on Monday (fingers & toes crossed.)

Besides several different Red Lipsticks ummmmm ;) I'm awaitin' my Translucent Powder, as well as my Dark eye shadows...The Black & the Plum. I ordered Pistachio for my mom, & several items for a friend who lives across the Sea.

I haven't been as excited about makeup since.....I don't know when! Ok...MAC's Cult of Cherry tried to win me over, but I couldn't afford right now. I was, however, thrilled that the Reds & a few darker colors were being touted.

I am squirming here....I actually called UPS Today & asked if they could *please* deliver, since tracking shows the parcel has made it to NY State (although about 2 hours away.) But no, I must be patient. Lack of patience is one of my greatest flaws.

I am utterly over the Moon about the look of the lipsticks, especially Noir Red,
Cherry, & Merlot. I have a feeling I am going to fall in love with Noir Red.
I have Besame Red (from a swap awhile back) & I find it amazing, altho the color is a bit too orangey for my taste (I have very *very* pale skin, very Dark hair, & very Dark eyes.) Ok...yes, I think Theda Bara has been visiting me & whispering in my ear...Giving me makeup tips. :)
I do like the timbre of Theda's Voice, since I couldn't hear it in any of her movies. So many thanks, Theda...from a fan who immortalizes your beuatiful memory in any way she can...I think Theda would have liked Besame. I must ask her.

If I discover any of the lippies & I do not love each other, is anyone up for swapping? I will only test them extremely lightly with a sterilized brush before
doing anything drastic, like trying them on my lips! I will probably wish to swap something for my friend overSeas, for whom I placed the order too hastily. She is more into the natural looks & lighter lips, & a couple of them were either out of stock, or I couldn't get back to Besame before my order was shipped.

I never like to wish my Life away, but I can't wait til Monday!!!!

oh...on a very separate note, I was (& I still am) in love with Bourjois lipsticks, especially * Violine * Plumping Lipstick, as well as * Aubergine * & *Amethyste * (all plumping.) I can't wait to see how Noir Red compares with
my Beloved Bourjois Violine...

Sorry for the ramble.....Monday Monday Monday Monday!!!!

*~*I hope you are all safe & alright in the wake of Ike & all the other Nature Tormentas of late....I am thinking of you & sending you HeartVibes.*~*

peace & love,
xxxxTheda Lovexxxx​

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
From MySpace

The sale is back on!! This bulletin was recently posted from Besame...

Our products will be available once again......

As sets:

Eye shadow: 4 @ $20
Rouge: 4 @ $20
Glaze: 4 @ $20
Pencils: 1 of each @ $30
Loose Powder: 4 @ $20
Foundation: 4 @ $8
Lipstick: 4 @ $20

Individually:

Lipsticks: $6 each
Eye shadow: $6 each
Foundation: $4 each
Pencils: $6 each
Glaze: $6 each
Rouge: $6 each
Loose Powder: $6 each

The sale will not be available on the site until this afternoon or tomorrow morning......

Call if you would like to place an order before the site is up

Inky

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
The sale is back on!! This bulletin was recently posted from Besame...

Our products will be available once again......

As sets:

Eye shadow: 4 @ $20
Rouge: 4 @ $20
Glaze: 4 @ $20
Pencils: 1 of each @ $30
Loose Powder: 4 @ $20
Foundation: 4 @ $8
Lipstick: 4 @ $20

Individually:

Lipsticks: $6 each
Eye shadow: $6 each
Foundation: $4 each
Pencils: $6 each
Glaze: $6 each
Rouge: $6 each
Loose Powder: $6 each

The sale will not be available on the site until this afternoon or tomorrow morning......

Call if you would like to place an order before the site is up

Besame is beginning to be like those Furniture stores around here that have going out of business sales every other weekend. What did they do, find some secret warehouse stash? lol

I am going to keep myself from ordering any more make up. I need it like I need some more shoes...wait, I do need some shoes...eek! thanks for the heads up!!

PS

A-List Customer
When I missed out last time I decided to haul at beautycrunch.com and get stila. and NOW? Oh I just can't. Dh will keel over. I've spent too much but I need those lipsticks. Everything else I can pass but I need lipstick!

ThedaLove

New in Town
I have just spent my entire Night with Besame. I am in a complete and total Besame frenzy. Everything I have done since my first order arrived has revolved around getting back to try the other Besame lipstick...or to try it 20's style, 30's style, 40's style...OMGoddess....
I am a woman possessed.

And THEN.....

up goes the rest of the inventory. My friend across the Sea wants Besame, too. I have the Desire to keep the products I ordered for her!! (But I won't.)

The powder is absolutely the most deliciously beautiful powder I have ever used.
Its silky touch and aroma vanilla-esque make my Heart flutter.

I am even Dreaming about Besame...

Troubles? Life challenges? ?? Huum? Besame. :heart: :BIG HEART:

Besame.....

"Kiss me, my Fool," as Theda Bara would say. I must consult her about Besame.

xXxXxXxXThedaLovexXXxxxxxxxx

PS Besame

PPS I have a dire need for Velvet Red. I didn't learn about Her Velvettiness until after she had been depleted by Velvet Red Addicts.
I have several other colours (all Reds) & LOTS of other m/u...lots of MAC.... I have 600+ positive feedbacks 100% on eekBay, 60+ 100% positive tokens on MUA ( lizardprincesslover am I)
& even a couple of pretty points on Specktra.net.

If, perchance, you are interested in another Besame Red, or a Crystal Lip Glaze, please PM me... I shall link you, directly,to my pristine credentials. Thank you so so much!

I always feel guilty when I have makeup yearnings. The BBC News has me sobbing every NIght. :(
I am often told to appreciate what I do have...

I do not live amongst material luxury, but my Journey is mine. I may be a flake, but my Heart is True.

I love Besame & please do PM me if you'd consider a swap. Thanks so very much! (I have a fever from the excitement over Besame.)

xxxxx​

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Keep in mind, according to the email I got, the 4 for $20 is only good for sets of a single color, as in 4 brown eyeshadows, or 4 Besame red lipsticks.

No reason you wouldn't want 4, or better yet, you could go in with friends and split up the booty, but I thought I'd clarify.

Happy Shopping!!

scarlett

One of the Regulars
Inky said:
Besame is beginning to be like those Furniture stores around here that have going out of business sales every other weekend. What did they do, find some secret warehouse stash? lol

Inky I thought the same thing just as I hit the button to complete my purchase of more lipstick and those amazing pencils.

ThedaLove

New in Town
I called Besame Today because I had a glitch in my system while trying to process my (2nd) order.
I asked what the "new line" would be, and Maria said,
"It's going to be similar; she's trying to make it better."
I told her I loved everything as it is now, & she said alot of customers have told her the same.
I hope it doesn't change much!

I also asked if they might have a Velvet Red lipstick tucked away in a hidden corner, but Maria said they don't - but alot of people have asked.
She giggled. ;)

Oh, my! Order #2.... & I cannot possibly afford more....in fact, I couldn't afford any of it,
but who knows how long this Life will be...
and I think I love makeup more than I love food. ;)

Sylvanrealm

New in Town
Oh my!

I received my order a few days ago. I was expecting to love my new Besame Red and Red Hot Red. Both are so unexpectedly bright!!! Also, I was sure that Red Hot Red would work better on me because it's a warm tone and I have yellowish undertones to my very fair skin. Boy was I wrong. I looked like a clown. I was disappointed in both, but I have since realized that I can mix RHR with a certain somewhat darker red I have that turns fuchsia after just a few hours -- the result of the mix is a nice neutral red. I'm also beginning to wonder if maybe I have a neutral skin tone, as most cool colors don't look quite right on me.
Anyone else have similar problems with these reds?

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Oh drat! Seems I've seen the sale too late for any foundation. I was looking forward to trying their souffle foundation, but the remaining colors are waaaay to dark. Light beige is even too dark. Oh well [huh]

live vintageous

Familiar Face
Okay, so with this sale and new products coming soon, does that mean she's discontinuing some items? I really want to try the 1930s mascara -it is on sale for $6.00 right now :eek: - but I don't want end up loving it, only to have it discontinued. Thoughts on this?

Laura Chase

One Too Many
live vintageous said:
Okay, so with this sale and new products coming soon, does that mean she's discontinuing some items? I really want to try the 1930s mascara -it is on sale for $6.00 right now :eek: - but I don't want end up loving it, only to have it discontinued. Thoughts on this?

You should buy it, it's a really nice mascara, especially for everyday use, very light, soft and comfortable to wear. If you love it, then you'll have had enjoyed it for a period of time, and I'm sure that they will have something similar to it when they launch the new line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner