Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
i just received a bunch of samples but have yet to try most of them. one of the shadows i got was the peacock blue and i must say that it is a significantly darker color than shown on the website - closer to a navy blue.

i do love the lipstick! it has a very nice, creamy consistency (that stays creamy) and is very long lasting. it also seemed to bleed less than the MAC lipstick i usually wear (but it still bled, even after lipliner, lipstick, blot, powder, lipstick, gloss!). i always put gloss over lipstick and the Besame lipstick seemed to break down with the cheap gloss i normally use, but it works very well with the Besame lipgloss that i got samples of.

today i'm wearing Debutante Pink. it's very pretty!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
i just received a bunch of samples but have yet to try most of them. one of the shadows i got was the peacock blue and i must say that it is a significantly darker color than shown on the website - closer to a navy blue.

I just got my samples today and I'm going to say the same thing about the pistachio green eyeshadow -- it's a LOT darker than what's shown on the website. I've been looking for a neon-y green and thought the pistachio as illustrated on the website would be perfect. I'm going to give what I got a shot, though, but I don't know if this dark colour will look good on me :(

The Red Hot Red Lipstick, though, IS KILLER. :)

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Amy Jeanne said:
I just got my samples today and I'm going to say the same thing about the pistachio green eyeshadow -- it's a LOT darker than what's shown on the website. I've been looking for a neon-y green and thought the pistachio as illustrated on the website would be perfect. I'm going to give what I got a shot, though, but I don't know if this dark colour will look good on me :(

It's all in the applicationl Besame shadows are so pigmented that you need only a light touch. I don't find the shades to be that dark on my skin unless I apply a heavier layer.

The Peacock Blue looks exactly like a shade that was popular in the late 1930s; it's fun for a more dramatic look.

Shearer

Practically Family
Amy Jeanne said:

Yes, please do give it a shot! :) I think you'll like it even if it's not the neon green you've been looking for. I just barely dip my brush in when I'm using the pistachio and it doesn't show up dark at all. In fact, I find it to go on as a golden green and I wear it for a daytime look.

And if anyone else is wondering, the black (black pearl, I think it is) doesn't go on too heavy, either, if you give the brush a good tap before applying.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Today I'm wearing the Pistachio Green eyeshadow and I love it! I'd call this colour "Army Green," though. It's not too dark, either; it's just dark enough to be a bit mysterious and exotic! I'm so used to cheap drugstore makeup that goes on all dark and cakey -- I should've known that this makeup would've been better than that.

I'm also wearing the Red Hot Red Lipstick and it is NICE. It's not as thick and cakey as my normal lipstick - Revlon's Love That Red. It's smooth and almost feels like I don't have it on. I'm impressed.

Amber DeCadence

One of the Regulars
Is it possible to be in love with a lipstick? lol I recieved my samples today and as part of my order I thought I would try Besame Red (gorgeous) and Red Velvet (divine) and of the 2 Red Velvet has won me over, I cant wait until I can order the proper size now!

Shearer

Practically Family
You know, with Besame I find that the lipstick actually bleeds more on me when I use the liner.

Anyone else have this problem, or do I just have bizarro world lips?

Shearer

Practically Family
If there's anything I wish came as a sample it's mascara!

The only mascara to ever make me go "wow" is Lancome's Hypnose. Makes me look like I'm wearing falsies.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I just took the plunge and ordered the Red Velvet, Cherry Red, Merlot, and the translucent loose powder samples. Hope they work for me!

(How long did the samples take to arrive?)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Babydoll said:
I just took the plunge and ordered the Red Velvet, Cherry Red, Merlot, and the translucent loose powder samples. Hope they work for me!

(How long did the samples take to arrive?)

Yay!!! Congratulations! All the times I've ordered from them my packages have always come quite quickly. Sometimes it doesn't pay to pay for expedited shipping, for some places regular shipping is just as fast. You should also get a coupon for $5 off your next purchase, which is a nice bonus. If you don't get one, I have the coupon code and would be more than happy to get it for you. I don't think the coupon can be used on samples though. I love Red Velvet. It's a lovely shade of red, dark yet smooth. Their lipstick is really long lasting. I was kind of put off by the size of the tubes when i first ordered. They have lovely packaging, little gold bullet containers with pretty engraved designs. But, they are really small. However the lipstick inside is actually the same weight as lipsticks in bigger containers. Also, it lasts much longer because you don't need to reapply as many times as you might with some other brands. I hope you like what you get:) I also love their loose powder. I just started using their other powder, because it comes in beautiful round gold compact with an engraved flower, and the refills are a decent price. I wanted a powder that I could carry with me for days out, so I could freshen up during the day. I wish I could figure out which color I got. The sticker with the info that was on the bottom of the compact is no longer there:(. But, I think it is their lightest shade. I recommend it for people with fairer skin tones. It also came in a lovely dark red velvet carrying case so I don't have to worry about it opening up in my bag accidentally, or scratching the pretty compact.

On a sad note, I've had a bad eye infection for the past 3 days. Worst one I've ever had. They usually go away in a day, but this ones showing no signs of letting up. Anyway, my opthomologist has told me I have to throw out all of my eye make-up!:eek: I asked her if it would be alright to just buy new brushes and scrape away the top layers of my shadows, and cut away the tip of my eyeliner. I really don't want to throw it away, it's all brand new, just bought a few weeks ago:( She said that the brushes could be saved by cleaning them in brush cleaning solution but there was no way to save the shadow. I guess since it's technically a powder their really no way of knowing if I'm actually removing all the contaminated parts. So, I'll have to order all new refills for my 3 shadows. I think I'll be OK with my liners if I take off about 1/4 of an inch. That will leave me with a lot less liner, but at least it's better than none. Also upsetting is I have to throw away both my brown and black liquid liner with the felt tip. These are the limited edition ones that L'Oreal made for The Black Dahlia. The ones that we were all going nuts trying to find. I absolutely love these liners. They go on so well and give a great look. I have another black one still that has yet to be opened. But, they no longer make it. I've tried their other felt tip liquid liner, but the tip doesn't work as well as the limited edition ones. :( Oh well, now at least I have an excuse to do some shopping! See, there is an upside to everything. I just hate to throw away my Besame shadows, especially since they are brand new. What a waste of pretty shadows and money too:rage:

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I'm hoping that one of the colors (probably the Merlot) will be okay for work. I don't wear red at work because I'm the focus of attention all day, and I don't want to make a bad impression by being too bold! I've been wearing Revlon Colorstay Soft Cinnamon, but it's too brown.

*fingers crossed*

Oh, and take care of your eyes!! You can't pay to replace them, but you can replace makeup.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Babydoll said:
I'm hoping that one of the colors (probably the Merlot) will be okay for work. I don't wear red at work because I'm the focus of attention all day, and I don't want to make a bad impression by being too bold! I've been wearing Revlon Colorstay Soft Cinnamon, but it's too brown.

*fingers crossed*

Oh, and take care of your eyes!! You can't pay to replace them, but you can replace makeup.

Thanks:) You are absolutely right. It's just so frustrating and couldn't happen at a worse time. Hem was gonna try to take some vintage style pictures for me this weekend while the weather is nice.:eek:fftopic: Also, I entered a contest a while back and one a lunch party for 10 at a local restaurant. The catch was, we had to listen to a 5 minute presentation by an Ameriprise financial adviser. Anyway, I've spoken to the guy sponsoring it a few times and I don't know what got into me, but our conversations were kind of flirtatious. For all I know he's married and is just being nice so he can get my business (like us unemployed gals need financial planners!!). But, he just seems like a nice guy. We ended up talking on the phone for about 20 minutes the other day about nothing to do with finances. Well because of this damn eye infection I ended up making up some lame excuse yesterday to get out of our lunch today. He was really nice about my canceling and said that he would be more than happy to reschedule. He also told me that I could have a free hour long financial advising session. I know, it sounds crazy. I know absolutely nothing about this guy except that he lives in the same city as me and is also the same age as me. But, on the chance that he is single and cute, I didn't want our first meeting to be when I look like I got punched in the eye!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he's somewhat nice to look at, and single, for there was some serious flirting going on over the phone:D

I found my Besame coupon. It has a code on it that you just type in at checkout. I don't think this is a one time code, for it would say so if it was. So I thought I'd put it up. It's for $5 off your purchase, but it's not valid on samples. Code = BE500 It expires June 30th. Happy Shopping:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn