Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I have the crimson as well.

I am quite fair and generally my hair is some shade of red... ;)

That said..Desi is right, a very light touch works.

And to be honest about it, Crimson is probably the only shade that you could not get cheaper in a 'non-cute vintage' brand. Pink is pink...mauve is mauve...you don't NEED to spend 18 dollars on those colors if you ask me.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
THe one thing I LOVE about the Crimson, is that it is pretty close to the vintage color used back in the day.

I really do think it will go with ANY skin tone, depending on how it is applied.

It really does look like you just got in from running outside for a bit. Flushed, but not fake blushed... like Mauve might make you look.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
I have the Crimson too! I love it! It's versatile.. I use it lightly for regular use, and go a bit heavier when I'm out dancing at night... or if I know I will be in pics.. otherwise my blush never shows.

Dani California

Familiar Face
I tried the sample that Besame sent of their lipstick yesterday. I have to say it is the best lipstick I have ever used! It actually stayed on all day at work even after eating and drinking! And it didn't flake or anything! The Red Hot Red is so beautiful.

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
I'm *bumping* this thread to let you gals know that Besame is discontinuing some of their items and putting them in a category called, appropriately enough, "Au Revoir".

They don't have much, just the foundation (down to $18.00 for any shade), the vanity case in light or dark, and the trio set in warm only.

The website says they will continue to add more from time to time.

Hope I made some pocketbooks happy!:)

JazzBaby

Practically Family
I just got a newsletter about the Au Revoir section... I can't believe they're discontinuing the foundation! :eek: Best I've ever tried... :(

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Me, too. I think I'll buy a couple of the foundation.
In case people are still interested in opinions on the blush, I use the sweet pink. It's perfect for my winter complexion. During the summer months, it will be too light, though. Same with the foundation, the bisque is perfect for my winter complexion, but I'll need the next darker shade in the summer.

Candied violets

New in Town
The Au Revoir page lists only the vanity case in dark but the vanity case page lets you choose dark or light. Is it that only the dark is on sale or rather that if you order the light off the page it will tell you, once you fill out all the forms, that it is sold out? Has anyone tried?

Shearer

Practically Family
Ack! That's terrible news for me. I'm going to go over and order three right away. They come with a seal under the lid, so hopefully they will last a long time.

I hope they will come out with some sort of new foundation to replace the souffle... but this one's the best I've ever used :(

PS

A-List Customer
What is going on with their lipsticks? Are they dc'ing them as well.
I read that on another forum....

PeggySue29

New in Town
I know this is probably a stupid question, but I'd really love to try some of the Besame lipsticks. I know you can get samples, but I can't seem to figure out how.. :confused:

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
kissable?

JazzBaby said:
Got my Besame today - the pressed powder compact, a lipstick (Cherry Red), the loose dusting powder and some foundation and rouge samples and I must say, I'm very impressed. I put the lipstick on as soon as I came home from work and, six hours later after a huge plate of lasagne and several cups of tea it hadn't moved! Andit stayed even too, with no dark line around the lips from where the inside has started to wear away.
This sounds very promising! I always have to re-do my lipstick (not Besame) after I eat, which is fine with me. At home though I usually take my lipstick off completely, because I don't want a smudged mess when my boyfriend kisses me. He likes me better without lippy because then I'm kissable. Maybe with Besame I can BOTH wear lipstick and get kisses!

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Besame drops prices even lower...

I guess everything must go... to make room for their "new" stuff. I wonder how it will look...

Anyway.. some dirt cheap deals on things. 10 bucks for most stuff...

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
OMG! OMG! Why does this happen when I'm out of cash?!?!? I hope there some stuff left on the first on the month. Keep your fingers crossed for me, ladies!

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Besame discontinuing more than foundation!

I just got an email from Besame indicating that they are discontinuing not only their foundation but also their pressed powder, blush, alluring eye shadow, rose water lotion, eye liners and lip glaze. I am upset beyound words!

Does anyone know what is going on? This is a line I have come to rely on!

Honey Doll

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
I was wondering this myself. I ordered two of everything I use, just in case.

Dang it.. they always discontinue the good stuff!

I didn't see the lipsticks being reduced in price.. so maybe they will hang onto those.

Shearer

Practically Family
Oi! I should have held out a little longer... I stocked up on my bisque foundation last week when I got the first newsletter. I ordered THREE jars of it for around $54. I'm not complaining, since it's going extinct anyway, but it would have been nice to get it for $10 a pop!

I, too, wonder what's going on since the newsletter says they are getting rid of whole categories of makeup, not just colours or shades :( Their eye shadows, lip glazes, loose powder, foundation... it's ALL good. I wonder what these "exciting" new products they are adding will be [huh]

Liz

My jaw practically dropped when I saw everything that was getting discontinued, but on the bright side, the great prices gave me an excuse to go on a small shopping spree. Now I'm just afraid I'll end up loving everything I bought and have no way to repurchase when it's all gone! I do have to admit that I'm curious to see the "new and exciting" products they mentioned in the email...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo