Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

Inky

One Too Many
My last (8-8-08) order from Besame arrived on Monday 8/18. They were out of the cool hues trio by the time my order was processed, but I got the Plum Dandy shadow and red lip liner and a free lip glaze (that's going to my sister-in-law, i don't like sticky glossy lips). They are supposed to refund me the $12 plus tax (I paid with Paypal) according to the handwritten notation on my invoice.

Has anyone gotten their refund yet for products not received?

BonnieJean

Practically Family
I got my order today (ordered it on the 6th, but then it has to be shipped here to the Midwest) and everything is just fine. My Merlot lipstick is just as I expected as well as my plum dandy eyeshadow and the beige shadow. The plum and the beige look slightly similar when held up to the light. I had thought I had gotten something mislabeled, but when I tried the eyeshadows on, they looked different. The plum eyeshadow is a bit lighter than I thought, but its still very pretty. Whew! Guess my order went pretty smooth. I sure hope the rest of you ladies get things straightened out quickly.

Inky

One Too Many
BonnieJean - I'm glad yours arrived safe and sound and that you like everything.

About the eyeshadows, now that I have them all (can you say makeup 12-step program), I find that I love the beige so much as my every day all over shadow. The brown is a great neutral and the blue, green and plum can all be put on lightly or with a heavier hand for a darker look. Hubby loved the Pistachio Green on me (I have brown eyes and dark brown hair, medium skin tone) more than the others.

Again, here's hoping the new formulations are as nice!!

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
Inky said:
My last (8-8-08) order from Besame arrived on Monday 8/18. They were out of the cool hues trio by the time my order was processed, but I got the Plum Dandy shadow and red lip liner and a free lip glaze (that's going to my sister-in-law, i don't like sticky glossy lips). They are supposed to refund me the $12 plus tax (I paid with Paypal) according to the handwritten notation on my invoice.

Has anyone gotten their refund yet for products not received?

I didn't even think to check my refund, but I have yet to recieve a replacement tube of Nior lipstick, and I just recieved another shipment (placed on 8/8) on 8/18, everything looked lovely, but I've been too sick to bother with make-up since it arrived so it's still sitting there in the box taunting me :)

Smuterella

One Too Many
Laura Chase said:
I would also say that the pistachio isn't very good with blue eyes, it's very golden. Applied gently:

2416107562_bd267eb335.jpg

The peacock blue would be glorious with blue eyes. Applied gently:

2416107334_8370dcd5a8.jpg

how do you apply your eyeshadow? its the one make up item i am terrible with. i always end up looking like i've coloured myself in with crayons. not so much heavy application as slapdash I suppose.

yours looks beautiful.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Smuterella said:
how do you apply your eyeshadow? its the one make up item i am terrible with. i always end up looking like i've coloured myself in with crayons. not so much heavy application as slapdash I suppose.

yours looks beautiful.

Thank you, dear. :) I think the key is the brush, I really like a large soft brush, like these:

alison_small_pointed_eyeshadow_brush.jpg

P181803_hero.jpg

I start my applying it in the crease in the corner of the eye (1).

Then, with small circular motions, you follow a line that forms a sort of number 7 on your eye, just turned in a 90 degree angle clockwise and then flipped horizontally, if that makes any sense. I follow the crease towards the inner corner of my eye, with a very light hand though (2).

As I go back towards the outer corner again, I increase the pressure and make the tip there more intense... (3 + 4)

2787068380_4189c009ea_o.jpg

It's super simple. But I don't know if this is the type of application that would suit your eyes, I like it because it makes my eyes look a bit wider and cats eye-ish, as I have very round eyes.

Inky

One Too Many
definitely a good brush and blend blend blend. buying a good set of brushes and caring well for them is worth the investment - they'll last you a good long time. I like Smashbox brushes and MAC brushes and Bare Escentuals brushes.

I like a flat soft brush for the base shade (a beige usually) then a smaller brush I use for applying the color shade in the crease. Usually that's all I use, but sometimes i need to blend more and I like this one for that purpose, which has a great tiny angled brush on one end that I use for my brows. That's about it, 3 brushes. I got the Bare Escentuals ones in some kits, so they weren't as expensive as buying them individually, same with the Smashbox one.

I'd suggest visiting Sephora or Mac and taking a look at their brushes and talking to a consultant to get some tips. Right Tool for the Right Job my Daddy always said

RetroQueen

Familiar Face
I was wondering about using brushes for my eyeshadow...right now I use disposable eyeshadow applicators, and they seem to do an ok job for me. But I have considered trying brushes.

Do you ladies who use brushes have a different brush for each eyeshadow color? Or do you clean them after each use? If you clean them after each use, do they dry by the time you need to use them again?

Inky

One Too Many
RetroQueen said:
I was wondering about using brushes for my eyeshadow...right now I use disposable eyeshadow applicators, and they seem to do an ok job for me. But I have considered trying brushes.

Do you ladies who use brushes have a different brush for each eyeshadow color? Or do you clean them after each use? If you clean them after each use, do they dry by the time you need to use them again?

I don't wash them after every use. The flat brush I mention above I only use for light beige colors and the other two brushes I use for browns or sometimes other colors. I clean them off on a paper towel before I store them away. To be honest, I find with good brushes, the color just doesn't stick in there. I wash them with a little shampoo about once a month or so, along with my blush and face brush.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I guess the Besame store is closed now, temporarily? Anyone have an extra shimmer beige they might be interested in parting with? I have a red Chanel lipstick to trade, or I could just pay for it...

Laura Chase

One Too Many
RetroQueen said:

I only use one brush, and when I need to use it for another color, especially a lighter one, I just wipe it off on a towel to get the color off. The right thing would be to use two different brushes, but I like only needing one brush, the type I posted is perfect for my every eye shadow need, blends really good too.

But oh yeah, you really want to wash your brushes once every couple of weeks, otherwise they get really disgusting.

Expensive brushes aren't necessarily the best ones, lyburnum posted this great link.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I got my Besame order today and I am loving the Noir Red color! It is VERY deep but with no brown in it at all, it is just gorgeous, my eyecolor seems extra bright and light! I think it will have a test run tonight ;)

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Darhling said:
Here is a pic of the Noir Red.. I just need to add a little more eyeliner tonight to match it better.

DSC02102.jpg

That color is amazing on u!

I have a color like that I bought and when I put it on.. (with my dark skin) I looked Indian.. I dont have a problem with that.. but It just didnt suit me...

It LOOKS FAB on u!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
LelaViavonie said:
That color is amazing on u!

I have a color like that I bought and when I put it on.. (with my dark skin) I looked Indian.. I dont have a problem with that.. but It just didnt suit me...

It LOOKS FAB on u!

Thank you :D I love it too! I think it would look amazing with black, dark greys and deep purples (clothes).

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
Laura Chase said:
I only use one brush, and when I need to use it for another color, especially a lighter one, I just wipe it off on a towel to get the color off. The right thing would be to use two different brushes, but I like only needing one brush, the type I posted is perfect for my every eye shadow need, blends really good too.

But oh yeah, you really want to wash your brushes once every couple of weeks, otherwise they get really disgusting.

Expensive brushes aren't necessarily the best ones, lyburnum posted this great link.

I use brushes and found I get better coverage with them, use less product, and a more natural look, I use the disposable eyeshadow applicators if I want a heavier, more dramatic coverage. expensive brushes definately are not that important, I bought a set of 4 double ended brushes with a little case from the drug store and it works fine for me, and only $10 for the set. I clean them about once a week, or every other week depending on usage... just some lavender soap and luke warm water and let them air dry over night.

Darhling that Nior red looks wonderful on you!!

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
question to all you besame lovers!

I've been using the moisturizer for about a week, and it actually seems to be drying my skin, but only my cheeks, I tried to mix it with my olay moisturizer today, so tomorrow I will see if it helped my cheeks at all. It seems the besame moisturizer almost has a mattifying affect, wondering if that could be the problem... have any of you had that moisturizer give you dry skin??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner