Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame mascara ?

DigThatBeat

Familiar Face
I've not tried any of Besame's mascaras, but I have read some bad reviews.
I am holding out for the cake mascara that should be released soon.

Last edited:

Juliet

A-List Customer
Miss Retro, the reviews on MakeUp Alley are rather mixed. Most reviewers agree though, that it lengthens, but does not give volume, and is indeed waterproof.
I am still undecided myself whether to order or not.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I used to use it and loved it. The only reason I don't buy it anymore is that my local shop no longer carries Besame.

It is definitely *not* a mascara for glam fake-look lashes. It does lengthen somewhat, but doesn't give much volume. It is more of a natural "you but better" look, similar to Aveda mascaras if you've ever used those. It is somewhat buildable. My lashes are fairly dark and of decent length, and I find it more than adequate. If you already have decent lashes, it would be fine, but if you have pale or sparse lashes and need something heavy duty, you won't like it. It has a nice gingerbread fragrance. It is a little wet, but has great staying power.

I have a review about it on MakeupAlley, my username there is pmburk, if you want to read a more detailed description.

scarlett

One of the Regulars
I agree with Fortworthgal... I have used it for a few years as a daytime mascara and I love it. No, it doesn't give you full lashes. It gives you length and definition without being clumpy. Also leaves your lashes very
soft, not at all stiff when you are wearing the mascara. It smells good too.

ThemThereEyes

One of the Regulars
Not sure if I'm too late to respond. However, I use this mascara and do like it. I find, as the others stated, that it is good for length and darkening. I have long, thin lashes, but they are not sparse. I have to use a seperate volumizing mascara for thickness.
I'm not a fan of scented mascaras, but I do enjoy this scent and it does not irritate my eyes. Also, non smudging on my oily skin in hot and humid Texas.

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
This is not related to the mascara-question, but I thought I'd post in here to not flood the forum with Besame threads!

Could someone kindly tell me if the Besame compact comes with an actual pan of powder, or is it just the compact itself for $38?
I assumed it's the compact with product, but I watched a haul video on YT and the compact came empty, and it sounded like the lady who made the video had to order a separate refill. Maybe I got it all wrong though? Haha.

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
It comes with a pan of powder in it. You just order what color you want. It last ages and i love the compact.I carry it in my purse and had lots of comments about it.

Thank you, Miss Retro! Glad I got that one totally wrong! Can't wait to order from Besame, I'd like to get everything!! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner