Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BESOIN D'AIDE LOST WORLDS LEATHER POUR LA MOTO!

fabiofades

New in Town
I agree with this, just figured it’s worth noting that LW jackets generally do that common vintage sizing of tag size + 2” for the chest measurement.
If I follow your reasoning, LW sizing small, the 44 will be perfect then? I'm afraid that the 42 will be too small, the price being much higher than the Schott, I don't want to make a mistake. On the other hand, I bought the Schott in Paris in a store and the salesman advised me to take the 42 and yet I felt a little tight at the back of my back. I was told that the leather would relax, but with the 44 when I stretch my arms on my Harley Fatboy, I feel that the back is pulling. For LW I can't try the jacket on directly, that's the problem. The measurements Stuart sent me give little difference between the 42 and the 44. Barely a few centimeters.

fabiofades

New in Town
I would like to point out that I also asked for the leathertogs which also seems very suitable for motorcycles. Stuart told me that the construction of the jacket was very different from the Buco Ryder but that the measurements were essentially the same.

I agree with this, just figured it’s worth noting that LW jackets generally do that common vintage sizing of tag size + 2” for the chest measurement.

Yep, generally +2 or +4. Here are the measurements on mine:

J23 46: 23” P2P
CHP 44: 24” (older pattern)
LTB 44: 23”
Trojan 44: smidge under 24”
J27 46: 24”

I did own a Buco Ryder, Bison hide, tagged 44- it had a 25” P2P. I quickly sold it. Not sure that is the norm in that pattern. Perhaps someone else can chime in?

fabiofades

New in Town
Here are the measurements I received from Stuart and compared them with my Schott. Ultimately the 42 seems to be the most suitable for the 44 Schott. I'm going crazy! Plus the leather will relax afterward perhaps. For the leathertogs pattern i mean.

Attachments

• 20240320_200431.jpg
    20240320_200431.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 31

Logician

One of the Regulars
Bonjour à tous et merci de m'accueillir sur votre site qui est une mine d'or!

Je suis français et mon anglais n'est pas assez bon, du coup je vous demanderais de traduire svp.

Je suis à la recherche d'une autre veste en cuir après mon Schott 618 steerhide et je suis trés attiré par les LOST WORLDS.

Je voudrais la veste la plus lourde possible et la plus adaptée à la moto.

Que pensez-vous de la BUCO RYDER?

Pour info je fais 1M80 et 80KG, Stuart par mail m'a conseillé la taille 42R, pensez-vous que c'est la bonne taille car il n'est pas très bavard.

Voici mes mensurations:

Shoulders from behind: 50CM
Chest: 111 CM
Arm length: 57 CM

Ne pensez-vous pas que la taille 44R serait préférable?

Merci pour votre retour!
Je n'ai pas d'expérience avec le Buco en tant que tel, mais j'ai 8 vestes en cuir de cheval LW, certaines en taille 40R, d'autres en 42R. Je mesure presque 1,82 m, j'ai une carrure athlétique (ventre plat) et porte généralement des costumes 40R. Pour le Suburban et le Test, je choisis un 42R pour la ville (quand je ne roule pas) et un 40R quand je roule (j'ai une BMW R1200 Cruiser). Le 42R me permet de porter un gros pull ou une veste en denim en dessous. Quant au 40R, il est très ajusté et je ne peux porter qu'un t-shirt ou une chemise mince. Donc pas fait pour la conduite en automne. J'espère que cela vous aidera.

Translation

I have no experience with the Buco as such, but I do have 8 LW horsehide jackets, some in size 40R, some in 42R. I'm almost 5'10", have an athletic build (flat stomach) and usually wear 40R suits. For the Suburban and Test, I choose a 42R for the city (when I'm not riding) and a 40R when I'm riding (I have a BMW R1200 Cruiser). The 42R allows me to layer and wear a big sweater or denim jacket underneath. As for the 40R, it's really snug and I can only wear a thin t-shirt or shirt. So not for fall riding. Hope this helps.

fabiofades

New in Town
Je n'ai pas d'expérience avec le Buco en tant que tel, mais j'ai 8 vestes en cuir de cheval LW, certaines en taille 40R, d'autres en 42R. Je mesure presque 1,82 m, j'ai une carrure athlétique (ventre plat) et porte généralement des costumes 40R. Pour le Suburban et le Test, je choisis un 42R pour la ville (quand je ne roule pas) et un 40R quand je roule (j'ai une BMW R1200 Cruiser). Le 42R me permet de porter un gros pull ou une veste en denim en dessous. Quant au 40R, il est très ajusté et je ne peux porter qu'un t-shirt ou une chemise mince. Donc pas fait pour la conduite en automne. J'espère que cela vous aidera.

Translation

I have no experience with the Buco as such, but I do have 8 LW horsehide jackets, some in size 40R, some in 42R. I'm almost 5'10", have an athletic build (flat stomach) and usually wear 40R suits. For the Suburban and Test, I choose a 42R for the city (when I'm not riding) and a 40R when I'm riding (I have a BMW R1200 Cruiser). The 42R allows me to layer and wear a big sweater or denim jacket underneath. As for the 40R, it's really snug and I can only wear a thin t-shirt or shirt. So not for fall riding. Hope this helps.
Thank you very much, I think I will definitely go with the 42 R over the Leathertogs A version. Can you give me your weight? I personally weigh 80 kg.

bigmanbigtruck

Familiar Face
Stuart is absolute shit at nailing the size, even with 20 emails containing all the possible minute details to go by and I would again strongly discourage anyone outside of the USA to take their business elsewhere because Lost Worlds basically has no return policy..

Maybe you're joking about the number of emails, but why exactly did it take so much back and forth to discuss sizing?
Not saying it's your fault - this just sounds really odd from reading experiences with other makers.

Last edited:

Mandarin

Practically Family
Judging from your photos, I would take the 42. I'm thinner than you ((1;80m 70Kg), and I need a 38 in LW. A size bigger would possibly feel more comfortable , but would fit terribly because of the disproportionate waist.

A juger d'après vos photos, je prendrais la taille 42. Je suis plus mince que vous (1,80, 70kg) et il me faut du 38 chez LW. Une taille au-dessus serait peut-être plus confortable en haut, mais beaucoup trop large au niveau des hanches.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Thank you very much, I think I will definitely go with the 42 R over the Leathertogs A version. Can you give me your weight? I personally weigh 80 kg.

I'm 188cm and 88kg, 42" chest, i wear a size 42 both in LT/A and LT/B.
The LT/A is definitely tighter fitting than the LT/B, i can wear the B with a thick jumper, the A is a T shirt jacket for me.
After seeing your pics i wouldn't recommend going with a size 44 for any model, unless you are planning on riding in winter with many layers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner