Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BESOIN D'AIDE LOST WORLDS LEATHER POUR LA MOTO!

fabiofades

New in Town
Bonjour à tous et merci de m'accueillir sur votre site qui est une mine d'or!

Je suis français et mon anglais n'est pas assez bon, du coup je vous demanderais de traduire svp.

Je suis à la recherche d'une autre veste en cuir après mon Schott 618 steerhide et je suis trés attiré par les LOST WORLDS.

Je voudrais la veste la plus lourde possible et la plus adaptée à la moto.

Que pensez-vous de la BUCO RYDER?

Pour info je fais 1M80 et 80KG, Stuart par mail m'a conseillé la taille 42R, pensez-vous que c'est la bonne taille car il n'est pas très bavard.

Voici mes mensurations:

Shoulders from behind: 50CM
Chest: 111 CM
Arm length: 57 CM

Ne pensez-vous pas que la taille 44R serait préférable?

Merci pour votre retour!

Peacoat

Bartender
Hello everyone and thank you for welcoming me to your site which is a gold mine!

I am French and my English is not good enough, so I would ask you to translate please.

I am looking for another leather jacket after my Schott 618 steerhide and I am very attracted to the LOST WORLDS.

I would like the heaviest jacket possible and the most suitable for motorcycling.

What do you think of the BUCO RYDER?

For your information I am 1M80 and 80KG, Stuart by email recommended size 42R to me, do you think it is the right size because he is not very talkative.

Here are my measurements:

Chest: 111CM
Arm length: 57CM

Don't you think size 44R would be better?

Thanks for your feedback!

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stuart is pretty damn good at nailing the size with only a few details to go by. A size 42R will probably fit you nice and trim which I assume would be best for riding.
If I were you I would order the 44 but that is because I don’t ride and and I like my jackets a bit looser.

Stuart is pretty damn good at nailing the size with only a few details to go by. A size 42R will probably fit you nice and trim which I assume would be best for riding.
If I were you I would order the 44 but that is because I don’t ride and and I like my jackets a bit looser.

Stuart is absolute shit at nailing the size, even with 20 emails containing all the possible minute details to go by and I would again strongly discourage anyone outside of the USA to take their business elsewhere because Lost Worlds basically has no return policy.

They make good jackets but not worth the risk if you aren't in the States, or even better, the NYC - Or - If you haven't dropped $40K into Stu's pocket in which case you might be liable for some basic customer service & buyer protection, such as maybe having your email answered.

red devil

Bonjour à tous et merci de m'accueillir sur votre site qui est une mine d'or!

Je suis français et mon anglais n'est pas assez bon, du coup je vous demanderais de traduire svp.

Je suis à la recherche d'une autre veste en cuir après mon Schott 618 steerhide et je suis trés attiré par les LOST WORLDS.

Je voudrais la veste la plus lourde possible et la plus adaptée à la moto.

Que pensez-vous de la BUCO RYDER?

Pour info je fais 1M80 et 80KG, Stuart par mail m'a conseillé la taille 42R, pensez-vous que c'est la bonne taille car il n'est pas très bavard.

Voici mes mensurations:

Chest: 111 CM
Arm length: 57 CM

Ne pensez-vous pas que la taille 44R serait préférable?

Merci pour votre retour!

Since you ride a motorcycle, you can't afford a loose fit, I think 42R makes more sense for you. Keep in mind that these are jackets that have no protection.

Vu que tu fais de la moto, tu ne peux pas te permettre de prendre trop large, je crois que 42R est plus logique pour toi. Gardes en tete que ce sont des vestes qui n'ont pas de protection.

fabiofades

New in Town
Stuart is absolute shit at nailing the size, even with 20 emails containing all the possible minute details to go by and I would again strongly discourage anyone outside of the USA to take their business elsewhere because Lost Worlds basically has no return policy.

They make good jackets but not worth the risk if you aren't in the States, or even better, the NYC - Or - If you haven't dropped $40K into Stu's pocket in which case you might be liable for some basic customer service & buyer protection, such as maybe having your email answered.
What do you mean by custom, if I ask for a standard size like 42R or 44R that should limit the problems, right?

fabiofades

New in Town
Stuart est sacrément doué pour déterminer la taille avec seulement quelques détails. Une taille 42R vous conviendra probablement bien et je suppose qu'elle serait la meilleure pour rouler.
Si j'étais vous, je commanderais le 44 mais c'est parce que je ne roule pas et j'aime mes vestes un peu plus amples.
Do you think the 44 will allow me to wear a sweat or pullover underneath? I'm more of a muscular and sporty type as well.

fabiofades

New in Town
Look how my Schott 618 size is 44.

I have the impression that the Buco Ryder from Chez The Lost Worlds runs larger, so the 42R would be sufficient?
Since you ride a motorcycle, you can't afford a loose fit, I think 42R makes more sense for you. Keep in mind that these are jackets that have no protection.
Will I still be able to breathe? :)

Attachments

• 20240228_183101.jpg
    20240228_183101.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 42
  • 20240228_183120 (1).jpg
    20240228_183120 (1).jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 43
  • 20240228_183145.jpg
    20240228_183145.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 45
  • 20240228_183154.jpg
    20240228_183154.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 50

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars

I'm two for two in perfect custom sizing with LW. The trick, I think, was not to send 20 emails to him.

El Marro

I had a good experience with my two orders but I remember you had a particularly bad experience with one of yours, I would agree that Stuart is not the kind of person you want to be dealing with if things go wrong.

Aloysius

I have the impression that the Buco Ryder from Chez The Lost Worlds runs larger, so the 42R would be sufficient?

Les vestes Lost Worlds sont un peu plus petites (à même taille) que le 618.

Par exemple, le Buco Ryder en 42R est entre le 618 en 40 et 42 de poitrine.

EDIT: Forgot to add English.

"Lost Worlds jackets run a bit smaller (at the same size) than the 618.

For example, the Buco Ryder in 42R is between the 618 in 40 and 42 in the chest."

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab

Based on your pictures, I am very sure you dont need a size 44, size 42 will be fine, maybe even a size 40 if its sized more generously.

fabiofades

New in Town
Les vestes Lost Worlds sont un peu plus petites (à même taille) que le 618.

Par exemple, le Buco Ryder en 42R est entre le 618 en 40 et 42 de poitrine.

EDIT: Forgot to add English.

"Lost Worlds jackets run a bit smaller (at the same size) than the 618.

For example, the Buco Ryder in 42R is between the 618 in 40 and 42 in the chest."
oh interesting remark. Size 42 on the 618 fit me a little tight at the back. So I think 44 is the most suitable. For the leathertogs version do you think the same is true?

Thank you for this wise advice!

Attachments

• 1710886153118.png
    1710886153118.png
    312 bytes · Views: 32

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Dont compare size designations from different makers. The size is totally meaningless. Only the measurements matter.

I had a very good experience with lost worlds. We probably exchanged 12-15 emails. His were typically 1 sentence

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
I have owned many Lost Worlds jackets and always found Stuart to be decent to work with.

It sounds like you are considering the size 44 over the 42 so you can use it for more than motorcycling and to give you the chance to add some layers while riding. I think that's a good idea. You might think about having Stuart use the black quilted lining instead of the standard nylon lining that will give you extra warmth and a little padding for the size 44.

Just a thought,
OTH

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Dont compare size designations from different makers. The size is totally meaningless. Only the measurements matter.
Transferring measurements from the Schott to a LW is meaningless as well as they're different patterns.

red devil

I don't know how you breathe lol

I don't know Schott sizing, but judging from your pictures and your weight & height, I think 42R would be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner