Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke Hats in NYC?

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I have this thread right, someone in Atlanta is asking
for custom hats in New York City and was steered to an
outfit in London, England. I am so confused.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cruiser said:
Means "custom-made." I have no idea what the derivation is.
'Bespoke' is actually a term which dates from the 17th century, when tailors held the full lengths of cloth in their premises.

When a customer chose a length of material, it was said to have “been spoken for”. Hence a tailor who makes your clothes individually, to your specific personal requirements, is called "bespoke". This is unlike “made-to-measure”, which simply uses a basic, pre-existing template pattern, which is then adjusted to roughly your individual measurements.'

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Not spoken for

Some ... a small portion of the older hats in straw are of interest by Keenan.

gq_elvis_1.gif

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
WEEGEE said:
a small portion of the older hats in straw are of interest by Keenan.
I agree, there are a few whimsical pieces that are interesting. Although I probably wouldn't wear them, much less buy them at those prices.:eusa_doh:

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Top Hats in New York

As you all probably know , top hats aren't a common thing today . There is one major manufacturer left in the USA that makes them . We can order them for a special order if a person wants a standard or collapsable top hat . Also available is a high crown fur felt top hat by Selentino .
Unless you are going to a realy formal wedding or going to drive a horse and buggy , leave the top hat home!!

Steven

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Bespoke is..

simply a hat made to your specifications made only for your head. A "custom" can also be made for your head but is more like my "Limited Editions" as opposed to a "one of a kind".
Aren't there ANY bespoke hatters left in NYC Besdor?? ( other than those ummm interesting hats by Keene)

Thanks for the recommendation guys.;)

metropd

One Too Many
Unless you are going to a realy formal wedding or going to drive a horse and buggy , leave the top hat home!!

How dare you, youv'e insulted my satorial integrity, Hmmm to think I bought a borsalino from you and then you insult my laissez faire robber baron image.
That doesn't mean much comming from a social democrat but I say the top hat should be worn more often. If you have that attitude, in 60 years the fedora will be extinct and the base ball cap will be the golden era headgear and so god help me, that will never happen. I will drive my Automobile go to a garden paty or box social and walk the dog IN my top hat when I please!!!!!! GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR!!:mad: :mad:

Chris Rimby

New in Town
collarmelton said:
After looking around at some length, I found that the best bespoke hat deal in in New York City is to pick up the phone and call Art.

Thanks for your suggestion. I don't spend enough time here to know who Art is though. How would I contact him?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart