Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best A-2 patches leather or fabric

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
I decided to patch my A-2.
Who makes the best accurate repro leather? or fabric ?patches ( rounds only... chest and shoulder patches)
I am looking for a consistant set ( Chest and shoulder ) related to any USAAF - USAF Fighter Squadron deployed in Asia during WW2 and/or during the Korea War....
Thx. for your advice about whats the best ( fabric or leather ) and who makes them.
Thx for your suggestion.

Last edited:

SPLINTER

New in Town
Hello
there's a seller on ebayuk that will make painted leather patches for any squadron etc that you wish and they are very hard wearing and no flaking paint. The cost's are very reasonable to. She's called Heather and goes by the user name of

tick..tick..tick..tick..boom

regards
Richie

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
We have a huge selection of patches at Aero covering most fighter and bomb squadrons. For most squadrons we have both hand painted and embroidered versions. They are not fully catalogued but if you have any particular ones in mind drop me a mail and I will go through our stock. denny@aeroleatherclothing.com

Last edited:

Big J

Call Me a Cab
@Cooper A-2, Aero has a great selection of cloth and leather patches, but bear in mind the following;
In Asia in WWII USAF and USN/USMC flight jackets often used leather patches.
USN/USMC leather patches with the whole design painted directly onto one piece of leather, or wool fabric embroidered patches.
USAF jackets almost always painted, hand-cut leather, layered on the patch to make the design. Fabric patches made later in the war, in Asia, almost always silk, but painted cut layered leather more common.

By the time of Korea, USAF, USN/USMC using mainly fully embroidered on silk, in silk patches made in Japan. Buzz Ricksons make some really nice ones. But these days this is expensive.

@ Cocker, that's guys FB page is awesome! Anyone ever use this guy?

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
IMG_7315.PNG
Hi Big J
thx a lot.
Will put a 7th Air Force bullion plus a chest patch same as on Cockers photos ( the guy with the A-2).
Any idea what squadron or group
Again thanks to you and all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto