Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best B-3 Jacket

David25

New in Town
Hi,

I'm interested in purchasing a B-3 jacket. I've been looking at jackets from Avi, Simmons bilt, Aero and Eastman; but I was wondering which of these companies produces best B-3 jackets. Example: leather, Fur, jacket coating and accuracy.
Thanks

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would go Aero or Eastman among the premium makers. Really it comes down to the contract you want. Buzz Rickson’s also has some really nice ones.

For military sheepskins, SB uses a version of the Aero patterns that contained mistakes, so the sleeves don’t sit properly.

David25

New in Town
Thank you for your message and info, I appreciate it. Are Eastmans really that better than Aero?

Aloysius

Thank you for your message and info, I appreciate it. Are Eastmans really that better than Aero?

I think they're comparable. Like I said it's more down to which specific B-3 model you're after. The price difference is largely because Eastman is trying to establish themselves as a fashion brand in the Chinese market, where a higher price is de rigueur to be viewed as prestigious.

I would go Aero (and have).

Real McCoy's, especially their limited edition versions, is noticeably better than any other that I have had or handled. They're seriously out of this world but also the priciest.

Ulysse

New in Town
Hi,

I'm interested in purchasing a B-3 jacket. I've been looking at jackets from Avi, Simmons bilt, Aero and Eastman; but I was wondering which of these companies produces best B-3 jackets. Example: leather, Fur, jacket coating and accuracy.
Thanks
to me, the Best B3 is the B3 concho without de skull https://www.elmc.co/jackets/526-b-3-elmc-concho.html
you have also the B3 SFAD but in yellow
1711018984111.png

David25

New in Town
I would go Aero or Eastman among the premium makers. Really it comes down to the contract you want. Buzz Rickson’s also has some really nice ones.

For military sheepskins, SB uses a version of the Aero patterns that contained mistakes, so the sleeves don’t sit properly.
Hi, you mentioned that it depended on what kind of contract I wanted; are you referring to military b-3 contracts?
ex: Aero 42-5110-p. Are there certain jackets that are not accurate representations?
Thanks

Aloysius

Hi, you mentioned that it depended on what kind of contract I wanted; are you referring to military b-3 contracts?
ex: Aero 42-5110-p. Are there certain jackets that are not accurate representations?
Thanks

I'm not saying that Aero or Eastman are messing up the contracts.

My point was more that I consider the quality of both of their repros to be on par, so you should decide more based on which one has the model you want.

So if you were dead set on a Werber B-3 repro, your choices would be Eastman or Good Wear, whereas if you wanted a a repro of Aero (NY), you could go Aero. If you want the 1937 white model, both Aero and Eastman make it.

bn1966

Tried on an ELC 50 Cal version B-3 when I visited their showroom. Would have purchased it but South West England now only has a few days a year cold enough for a B-3..quality was excellent

f2002q

One of the Regulars
Honestly - 5 Star makes an awesome B-3 for a third of the price:

View attachment 602914

Nothing against Five Star, but by the time you figure out how the jacket fits, you've purchased 3 of them. I got my B-3 from Aero (Redskin 42-5110-P) and I've must have exchanged at least 25 emails with them about sizing. Lots of photos with tape measures, etc. Five Star will not help you like Aero helped me. We went through every measurement of this jacket and they made suggestions on the sizing. Aero will not make drastic changes to the style, but length, sleeve, etc. they will adjust. When I received the jacket, the sleeves were too short and they took it back and made me a new one. Customer service was excellent and I'm very happy with my B-3.

CBI

One Too Many
I had no issues with my Five Star B-3 order. I chose a standard size, asked for one measurement adjustment. I sent them pics of what I wanted. They did a spot on job, exactly as I ordered. I also took advantage of a sale that gave me an extra 20% off an already inexpensive jacket. I was 1000000% satisfied with Five Star.

Al 916

One Too Many
As a rule what would you add to your standard measurements to accommodate the shearling?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner