Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best-fitting t-shirt necks?

jack miranda

A-List Customer
When I was a teen-ager back in the Paleozoic, the best-fitting, i.e., non-sagging t-shirts were Penny's Towncraft. Long since gone. Any thoughts on t-shirts with a close-fitting neck that don't sag like a hound's jowls after a few washes? Gibbs on NCIS has great t-shirts, by way of a reference.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I got some decent undershirts from Marks & Spencers, though I would prefer the neck a little more close-fitting. Still, they haven't pulled out of shape and the fabric's very good.

OldSoul

Familiar Face
I go through t-shirts like crazy. I'm 6'4" so shrinkage is my problem most of the time. I wash in cold water and hang dry, but eventually they shrink and I have to pass them on down the line.

I have been having good luck with Dickies brand shirts though. They seem to take longer to shrink, and are sturdy enough to take some abuse. They have an elastic neck though...so while it is close-fitting around the neck, some people may not like the feeling and I will admit they don't have a truly vintage look to them (more so because Dickies insists on having a small patch with their logo sewn to the left hand side near the bottom...)

But, when you are as sasquatch'ish as I am you must take what you can get!

http://www.dickies.com/product/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3A%3Afolder_id=2534374302024405&PRODUCT%3A%3Aprd_parent_id=2534374302024397&PRODUCT%3A%3Aprd_id=845524441761538&ADD_CART_ITEM%3A%3AATR_Sku_Size=_

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff