Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best hairpsray ?

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
pigeon toe said:
Is Elnett available in the Netherlands? Is it a supermarket/drug store brand or can you only find it in beauty supply stores?

I'm going to be living in the Netherlands until May, and I need a new hairspray! I got a Schwarzkopf hairspray at the supermarket, but my hair falls flat in less than an hour -- I'm thinking because the air is so damp here. Any advice on an appropriate (available in Europe and hopefully not too expensive!) hairspray for this sort of weather? I'm from LA, where it's dry, so this is a totally new situation for me!
sure, they have it in most drugstores, i think even in supermarkets, or try nivea hairspray it has a medium hold, but smells great and very affordable ;)

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
pigeon toe said:
Is Elnett available in the Netherlands? Is it a supermarket/drug store brand or can you only find it in beauty supply stores?

I'm going to be living in the Netherlands until May, and I need a new hairspray! I got a Schwarzkopf hairspray at the supermarket, but my hair falls flat in less than an hour -- I'm thinking because the air is so damp here. Any advice on an appropriate (available in Europe and hopefully not too expensive!) hairspray for this sort of weather? I'm from LA, where it's dry, so this is a totally new situation for me!

how could i forget, "drei wetter taft" it's the best, i'v used them for years while i lived in germany, i love all their products :eusa_clap

SarahLouise

Practically Family
pigeon toe said:

It should be available in drug stores and supermarkets. I personally don't like Elnett as even the super strong hold doesn't hold my hair at all and I'm not fond of the smell. Tresemme freeze hold all the way!

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Curly headed Gals in the UK might like to try Silverkrin for Curly hair. It's in an orange can and I only discovered it last week.
Amazing hold on my unruly locks. Available in Superdrug. (much cheapness!)

Jonny's Angel

New in Town
Twinkle said:
Elnette everytime..... Still has the orginal gold packaging too from the 50's... Holds great, smells great and looks great on the dresser.... :)

loreal-elnett.jpg

Could not agree more. Worth every penny.

shooshoobaby1

New in Town
Aussie Mega hair spray is my favorite. My hair is incredibly fine and this hairspray holds all my styles the entire day. It even makes my curl hold better.

Lil' Miss A

Familiar Face
I use wella shockwaves hairspray, holds any style.

The gel pump spray is fab to hold formal updo's i use it to hold my rolls :)

I will be honest though in that it does feel like concrete if you put too much on, but it doesn't look it to everyone else :)

I did also use to use Insette, cheap as chips but holds well.

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
Miss 1929 said:
i like a lot of hold, but have super dry hair, so I have started using hairspray made for black people's hair, ad I love it! My current fave is called IsoPlus 24 Hour Hold, and it is a strong hold with no crunch whatsoever. Makes my hair silky!

i use that too! it is amazing! i even use it to set my pincurls!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I got some Elnett the other day and it worked pretty well. Of course my curls had mostly fallen flat by the end of the night (but I was out running around all over Utrecht), but they held up while I was indoors, which is more than the other hairsprays did for me over here.

Now I'm seeing how wonderful LA weather is for vintage hairdos. I miss it!

Tourbillion

Practically Family
I "accidentally" bought three cans of Sebastian Laminates hairspray on eBay. So, I think that is what I'll be using for at least a year.

It is a really nice hair spray however, and is nice and shiny.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Miss 1929 said:
i like a lot of hold, but have super dry hair, so I have started using hairspray made for black people's hair, ad I love it! My current fave is called IsoPlus 24 Hour Hold, and it is a strong hold with no crunch whatsoever. Makes my hair silky!

I tried this one today and it made my hair very crispy and kind of dull and dusty looking. Is there a trick to using it that i am missing?!

melbournian

New in Town
I'm a big fan of Schwarzkopf Silhouette...have used it ever since I was a little girl for my fancy ballet exam/performance hairdos. Granted, it can make your hair a little stiff and crunchy, but it holds like nothing else, and is the only thing that will make my hair hold a good curl more than 24 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner