Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Horsehide

Which Horsehide do you suggest

• Total voters

Loncster

New in Town
Hello yall so i was completely lost between getting a natural vicenza on my barnstormer jacket or unfinished horsehide or natural chromexcel. However, i want a good looking leather jacket and a long lasting one + I want a leather that has, Grain, Durability.

Last edited:

Kenan

A-List Customer
Here is a Barnstormer in natural CXLHH
IMG_1253.jpeg

Loncster

New in Town
That’s me on the left in my Grizzly! Martin who is wearing the Barnstormer is very stylish in general!
Man you are a lucky guy for having this grizzly jacket. I can tell you got shocked when you first got it out of the box lol. Also your style looks fantastic!

Kenan

A-List Customer
Man you are a lucky guy for having this grizzly jacket. I can tell you got shocked when you first got it out of the box lol. Also your style looks fantastic!
Haha yeah I was quite amazed when I got it and so will you be when you receive the Barnstormer! Thank you!

Loncster

New in Town

Attachments

• 9A82BC77-924F-44BD-BE94-02773DC59C1D.jpeg
    9A82BC77-924F-44BD-BE94-02773DC59C1D.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0724.jpeg
    IMG_0724.jpeg
    673.5 KB · Views: 103

Loncster

New in Town
Did you customize the belt yourself? I own a Teamster in Badalassi and though a great leather the squeaking is rather annoying.
I don't have any fit photo's of the vicenza Barnstormer (received it two months ago) but I found photo's of the shawl collar from two years ago.
View attachment 564552 View attachment 564553
Yeah i told them to give me a silver belt buckle and decided to remove the chest pockets for a cleaner look and so my second barnstormer i might keep it although i might not. However, The fit on you is absolutely gorgeous and the jacket in general looks great!

Harris HTM

One Too Many
I'd say the chest pockets are really useful as handwarmers. For my vicenza Barnstormer the only thing I changed was the cuff configuration, I chose for similar to the shawl collar model.

Loncster

New in Town
I'd say the chest pockets are really useful as handwarmers. For my vicenza Barnstormer the only thing I changed was the cuff configuration, I chose for similar to the shawl collar model.
Chest pockets are really great but i think they ruin the look of the jacket and will make an unpleasant wrinkles on the surface especially on a stiff leather such as chromexcel so i'd pass on chest pockets.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I can vouch for Aero's Grizzly. But you gotta add length to these vintage cuts for them to work in modern setting. Size 40 front length is 19", and size 42 front length is 20". Most jackets currently on the market will have front lengths 21" to 23" in this size range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner