Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Sherpa lined denim / canvas jackets?

Jules Myers

One of the Regulars
Little different but a way warmer and cheaper option is the Bravestar Sherpa. They sell out pretty quick too. The cone mills version is nicer than the black. I have both. The Sherpa on the indigo cone is nicer, more robust:
Sloppy pic but you get the gist.
View attachment 310400

A solid looking piece. You're quite right about selling out pretty quick.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Did they augment the length?
Nope.
Sounds like something I would do, to be honest.

I confess I'm on the fence about the zig zag stitching up the center.
That’s why I come here, people think like I do!
And the zigzag stitching up the center one of the best things about this jacket in my opinion, just one of the features that sets the Lee Rider apart form the Levis Type 3.

Nope.

That’s why I come here, people think like I do!
And the zigzag stitching up the center one of the best things about this jacket in my opinion, just one of the features that sets the Lee Rider apart form the Levis Type 3.
It’s crazy but I went from a 42” to a 46” in the same jacket on 3 try’s and and got the same fit. I’ll post pics at some point but it’s wild how the sizing fluctuates. I did see on the IH forum some guys had some luck shrinking the storm rider to reduce length. That denim did feel like it might shrink up some.

Jules Myers

One of the Regulars
It’s crazy but I went from a 42” to a 46” in the same jacket on 3 try’s and and got the same fit. I’ll post pics at some point but it’s wild how the sizing fluctuates. I did see on the IH forum some guys had some luck shrinking the storm rider to reduce length. That denim did feel like it might shrink up some.

Sounds like a perfect fit right off the bat is due to luck more than anything else.

El Marro

It does have a bit of give to it. I saw the same posts but I would be afraid of the wool lining shrinking too much. Also I need all the room I can get up top through the shoulders

many thoughts as to Aero Storm Rider versus IH?
Unfortunately I can’t comment there. I saw Aero had them and they certainly do look nice. My gut says the proportions are likely better/ more traditional but that is based purely on the pics. If I were after a storm rider, given my experience with the IH model, I would pursue what Aero carries. I was tempted in the fall but didn’t follow through.

El Marro

many thoughts as to Aero Storm Rider versus IH?
Oh no, I hadn’t even seen that one before on Aero’s website. I think I remember seeing this jacket on the web a couple years ago on Lee’s European site it was only for sale within Europe so I couldn’t figure out how to buy one here in the states.
Looks like they did a very nice job on that jacket, I particularly like the buttons with the Lee 101 logo.
Man, I really do not need this jacket! In addition to my IH Storm Rider I also own one from Lee Japan and another from RMC. I just keep telling myself that and let’s see how long it works!

El Marro

Unfortunately I can’t comment there. I saw Aero had them and they certainly do look nice. My gut says the proportions are likely better/ more traditional but that is based purely on the pics. If I were after a storm rider, given my experience with the IH model, I would pursue what Aero carries. I was tempted in the fall but didn’t follow through.
I would agree with this based on the photos I’ve seen. Looks like a shorter boxier cut. Better suited for Mid rise or high-rise pants for sure

Jules Myers

One of the Regulars
Just got my Aero SR. Size XL. The build quality is beautiful. Lovely detail, very nice hardware and stitching.
4D5F0ED7-5A55-4967-96F4-F015799EE528.jpeg
4D5F0ED7-5A55-4967-96F4-F015799EE528.jpeg
ECBD9ECE-398F-4469-BAB1-94B75665DFBA.jpeg
FE4A0C7C-3CD2-4FC4-B9A8-F996F89C6FF8.jpeg
4F2E80CA-8CA0-489B-BE5F-75B9118FE201.jpeg
B18BF4A2-AF46-435B-A8ED-FB191766E2E5.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner