Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best source for hat boxes/storage?

I usually put all of my tolerances on an ID on the minus side, so I measure out to +0, -.005. Then I mark that with a crayon or magic marker, whichever is handy. Since it is cardboard & kitchen scissors usually won't cut it I use tin snips to cut out the ID.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
@Frunobulax , Are you at Wright Patterson ? o_O WOW ! ... Cool .

You can measure and make a round cardboard thing for the Crown , and another cone that fits inside (if you want one) . For a Box , Hat , or otherwise , even for stacking (if you do) .

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
bending a piece of cardboard requires a degree ... a degree in bending cardboard ... with a minor is staple guns, staples and other non permanent fasteners
You are correct as that is what I have used many times to make the support insert needed for the interior of a hat box. And honestly, when making an insert I do not spend much time on making it be too fancy. If the hat can fit into the hole and not be too tight on the crown or ribbons of the hat, and allow for the hat to sit down in the box deep enough to get the lid of the box on, then you have the important part of making your own insert, done!

Normally I just use regular old brown box cardboard to make inserts for hat boxes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic