Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best vintage suit sellers ever?

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Marc Chevalier said:

Here's my list (in no particular order). Alas, some of these gents aren't in the vintage menswear business anymore:

-- Roberto Isola (Daly City, CA) -- A longtime fixture of the Bay Area's vintage scene, Roberto describes his mission in a tongue-in-cheek way: "enforcing men's fashion." More than a few NoCal Fedora Loungers swear by his excellent suits and advice.

Hi Marc
Do you have contact info phone of address for Robert? thanks

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
I've always seen amazing suits at this store:
l_bb7f259d84744bc6247360b7f71f4102.jpg

I can always count on having a good chat with Orrin, one of the staff members at La Rosa.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
I am fortunate to have lived with Roberto and call him a friend. What makes Roberto unique is that while all the best share a love of vintage, Roberto is pretty much a hobbyist, doing it for the love of vintage.

Granted, I am sure he generates some extra income, but he works for United airlines, I think now as a trainer. And his selling was an outgrowth of collecting, and the joy of having fine things pass through his hands.

i don't know about now, but he used to have an edge over other dealers in that he could fly for free to cities around the country, taking a nice vacation, and raiding the vintage shops along the way.

the internet may well have resulted in less treasures languishing in obscure vintage shops.

To spend some time in his storage space, being shown choice piece after choice piece, and sharing in the love an appreciation of the stuff is a rare pleasure.

YETI

A-List Customer
I bought my first 40s gabardine shirt at Vintage Silhouettes when Art and Janine had the Crockett store. It was a deadstock Jayson label in a deep seafoam green w/ topstitch accents. That was the start of my quest. When they moved shop to an old 40s 50s bank, it was then I realized the great stock they had. Art kept all his primo 30s belted back suits in the huge vault. And those suits where his own personal stash!

YETI said:
I bought my first 40s gabardine shirt at Vintage Silhouettes when Art and Janine had the Crockett store. It was a deadstock Jayson label in a deep seafoam green w/ topstitch accents. That was the start of my quest. When they moved shop to an old 40s 50s bank, it was then I realized the great stock they had. Art kept all his primo 30s belted back suits in the huge vault. And those suits where his own personal stash!

Ah yes, I remember those day. If only it didn't come to an end. :( [huh]

reetpleat said:
I am fortunate to have lived with Roberto and call him a friend. What makes Roberto unique is that while all the best share a love of vintage, Roberto is pretty much a hobbyist, doing it for the love of vintage.

Granted, I am sure he generates some extra income, but he works for United airlines, I think now as a trainer. And his selling was an outgrowth of collecting, and the joy of having fine things pass through his hands.

i don't know about now, but he used to have an edge over other dealers in that he could fly for free to cities around the country, taking a nice vacation, and raiding the vintage shops along the way.

the internet may well have resulted in less treasures languishing in obscure vintage shops.

To spend some time in his storage space, being shown choice piece after choice piece, and sharing in the love an appreciation of the stuff is a rare pleasure.

He is indeed very knowledgeable about vintage. At every Vintage Expo he has something different and choice on. I just wish he had more stuff in my size. :eusa_doh:

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
He is indeed very knowledgeable about vintage. At every Vintage Expo he has something different and choice on. I just wish he had more stuff in my size. :eusa_doh:

Let him know what you are looking for and I am sure he would be glad to keep an eye out and contact you if he can get something for you.

reetpleat said:
Let him know what you are looking for and I am sure he would be glad to keep an eye out and contact you if he can get something for you.

Oh, I am sure he has something somewhere but I just haven't made the time to go up there and check for sure. Its just that he never brings much larger stuff to the places I see him at. [huh]
There was a really great double breasted medium blue blazer that he had a while back that was great---it just didn't fit---darn it. :eusa_doh: :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21