Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BEWARE this 7x Clear Stetson RELIST on ePrey...Lunar Moth Damage

TipTop

Practically Family
Don't you hate when you have to explain it? Watch out or you'll get the larval correction on your nice pun.

Actually, I have been euphemizing in seller's parlance with "moth mottling."

Seriously, I thought it was the nesting that caused the pits, but I guess it is simply chewing. I had a Bison great coat that I bought at an antique auction a century or two ago, and I finally found a place to wear it: the 1980 Olympics at Lake Placid (with red cords and a blue and white-striped t-neck). Perfect. (should find that Leica SL2 slide....)

Anyway, a couple years later, I neglected to put it in cedar/moth ball storage and around August SAW the plastic bag moving in my back closet. I think they were carpet beetles, and they were everywhere. I took it outdoors, fumigated it and was about to toss it when my neighbor (who ran a dive-joint saloon) rescued it from the woodman's ax. It was beyond moth-eaten once he brushed it out (looked like it had undergone chemo), but he wore it around the bar when they had wild west festivals, etc. Must have weighed 20 lbs. and fit me perfectly, hanging to my calves (and I'm 6'3"). Truly a Great Coat.

TipTop

Practically Family
Beware All, I have just returned this ePrey hat to the seller due to inadequate description.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260950469238?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Though he cites "small, scattered moth marks visible only up close. One of the more prominent moth pecks is shown" the reality is there is NOT 1 square inch of clear felt on the hat; it looks like a LUNAR surface model. He has agreed to take it back; but I'm sure there were some from here bidding on this, and you might try again. DON'T.

15171032-lg.jpg

Otherwise, the hat is beautiful and clean. He is suggests that it be used for a costumer or stage prop, and I should have believed him. It may have been XXXXXXX; Now, it's about XX.

Just got my PayPal refund, so the MOTHer of all MOTHholes Stetson is probably headed for a re-listing. You'll get a kick out of the seller's name: CHEWbecca...Caveat Emptor!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points