Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bib overalls and suit jackets

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

Love it....my Husband also will use the older weaved sports jacket and toss it on over his overalls.....the way you captured yourself in this picture is just fantastic. Like a time capsule going back to the mid 1940's.....

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Love it....my Husband also will use the older weaved sports jacket and toss it on over his overalls.....the way you captured yourself in this picture is just fantastic. Like a time capsule going back to the mid 1940's.....

Thank you. Every once in a while I manage to make a good photo.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
I thought I responded to this thread but evidently I didn't. This style of dressing was common among my older farmer relatives, born in the 1880s and 1890s and up to about 1920.

They wore bib overalls, work shirt, smock ( a loose denim jacket) straw hat and rubber boots when they were working around the barn. If they had to go into town to deliver the cream or to go to the hardware store they would go to the house, wash up, and put on leather boots, an old suit coat and an old fedora. This is how they would dress to go to the creamery, to town, to the livestock auction or similar. For church and formal occasions they had nice suits and new shoes and hats, white shirts and ties.

The younger crowd dressed more or less as you see today with John Deere or DeKalb baseball caps plaid shirts and jeans or work pants.

wcbrown

One of the Regulars
not a real great picture but my version of the bibs thing.

Attachments

• bibs.jpg
    bibs.jpg
    881.9 KB · Views: 980

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto