Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Big and Black 7 3/4 Wide Brim

frussell

One Too Many
I got this a month ago, and it's been replaced by a black Fed IV that's a little roomier, so I'm giving it up for permanent adoption. Courtney Hats of Distinction Royalten. Sold by Harry Levinson, with patented "Controlled Brim," DuPont process water repellent. Killer red liner, all writing on sweat still very legible, both in excellent shape. No moth bites or stains. The best part is that it's got dimensions that make it unusual in such a large size. 2 7/8" brim, with 3/8" ribbon on the edge binding. 5 1/2" open crowned, easy to bash felt. 1 5/8" ribbon on the crown. Brim takes nicely to the "Hollywood Brim," if that's your thing, or any number of brim styles. It's a real 7 3/4, not a shrunken one. $95 via PayPal, shipping included for this rarity. Thanks for looking. Frank
PB080029.jpg
[/IMG]
PB080019.jpg
[/IMG]
PB080021.jpg
[/IMG]
PB080024.jpg
[/IMG]
PB080022.jpg
[/IMG]

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You do realize that, in the photos of this "rarity" that you're willing to let go for $95 after a month, the very recent machine-printed price of 17.95 is clearly readable? Nice mark-up!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
You do realize that, in the photos of this "rarity" that you're willing to let go for $95 after a month, the very recent machine-printed price of 17.95 is clearly readable? Nice mark-up!

35-40 years isn't that recent, and for a vintage fur felt that size, $95 is really a good price.

frussell

One Too Many
Come on large heads, doesn't anyone need a wider-than-usually-available-except-on-a-Campdraft-brim hat with a nice tall crown, wide ribbon binding?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
FWIW, I've seen price/size/style tags just like that on hats as old as the '50s.

I wish I could use this. With my dark eyes and pasty complexion, big black hats make me look like several different stereotypes, none flattering.

frussell

One Too Many
I should post new pictures of this hat. I've since tamed the brim curl and have it in a taller crown shape. My first photo makes it look a bit tapered, which it is not. Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters