Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Big curls on the ends of hair? That *stay put*?

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
Just to say, I finally achieved the result I wanted- it's not quite Lauren Bacall's look but I'm still pleased :D

I got it by setting my hair as usual, then at the end of the first day when I was pinning it up to go to bed, I did slightly differently- hopefully this is the key and I'll be able to do it again!

I normally just grab big sections of my hair and pin them to my head, just to stop the curl from getting flattened while I sleep, but this time I actually rolled them round my finger and then pinned them, so the ends were tucked under. This morning I brushed out against my hand, as per your advice, and voila! Waves on the top with big curls on the bottom. As the tucking-under thing is the only thing I can think of then I guess that must be what did it! I really hope it wasn't just luck :p

tammylynn70

New in Town
I have read and heard from others that end papers help with the rolling and the end staying put, without the "fish-hooks" on the end of the sections. You can find them at beauty supply shops close to the rods and perm supplies.

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
I have read and heard from others that end papers help with the rolling and the end staying put, without the "fish-hooks" on the end of the sections. You can find them at beauty supply shops close to the rods and perm supplies.

I agree end wraps are helpful I even now use them with my hot sticks to help make my ends a neat curl otherwise they looked too sloppy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24