Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Big head blues

My max on that was $200. I only go for those that I'll wear, thin & mid-ribbons. You won't see me in mix for Whippets. I've passed on quite a few hats to Loungers or the Bay because I don't wear them enough, just sold a nice Pinnacle at half what I had into...no interest from the Classifieds here.
Remember, there are serious snipers out there & deep pockets for pristine vintage lids at sizes 7 3/8, 7 1/2, 7 5/8, etc...

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Nice price for that one, GT. The longer the sweatband lasts the better. Do you have it yet?

Job, my violin remark is explained here; note the last sentence:

"Hearts and Flowers" is a song composed by Theodore Moses Tobani (with words by Mary D. Brine) and published in 1899, though its melody originally appears in a collection called "Wintermärchen" written by the Hungarian composer Alphons Czibulka in 1891. Through its use accompanying certain silent films, the instrumental violin version has come to symbolize all that is melodramatic, sentimental or mock-tragic. Indeed, the humming of the tune is often combined with the miming of violin-playing to indicate mock-sympathy at someone's misfortunes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy