Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Big Head Hat Sale Part IV- Dobbs Straw- 7 1/2

Ande1964

Practically Family
Let the Big Heads Rejoice, Part IV - Dobbs Straw- 7 1/2

This is the fourth of many LARGE hats I'll be selling here over the next several days. All are 7 1/2 or 7 5/8, and many are Long Ovals. These are hats I have been hesitant to part with, but have finally admitted they just don't quite work for me, for one reason or another.

Up now is a very nice, modern Dobbs straw. This was purchased at the Stetson outlet store last year. It's only a 7 1/2, but it's just too big for me. Only worn a few times. Like new, really. There is a small hole in the back of the sweat, as is typical with outlet hats.

Great hat. Very versatile color and ribbon.

Size is a large 7 1/2, as marked.
Opening measures 8 1/4 by 6 5/8.
Inner circumference- 23 3/4.

Crown height (as bashed)- 4 5/8
Brim width- 2 1/8
Ribbon Height- 1 1/2

Price- $60

Ten bucks for Priority Shipping in the US, using flat rate box. I will ship worldwide, but buyers outside the US must pay actual shipping for International Priority. I will not use any other method for overseas shipping. Paypal only. PM me if interested, and I will give you the Paypal address. First payment received wins the hat.

Thanks,
Anj

dobb01.jpg

dobbs02.jpg

dobbs03.jpg

dobbs04.jpg

Ande1964

Practically Family
Bumping

One little bump before this heads to ebay. No price reduction on this one... it's a deal already.

Anj

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I can't really tell the colors. Looks like bone-colored straw with gray and taupe striped ribbon. Am I even close?

Also, this might sound like a wierd question, but did you measure the brim on the side or the front? Because I have a Dobbs that looks similar, but I get different measurements in different spots.

Ande1964

Practically Family
My wife (who sees color better than I do) says the body is wheat... just a little darker in tone than the average straw hat. Ribbon is accurate in the first picture, I believe.

Brim seems pretty consistent 2 1/8 all around.

Anj

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
randooch said:
my other 7 1/2's measure 23 around the inside. this would rest on my ears. nice hat, though.

A proper 7 1/2 should be 23.5 inches. Dobbs straws usually run .25 over, but they do shrink a little with time.

Anyway, Anj. Give me until noon tomorrow to stew it over, please. If you don't hear from me by then, do as you will. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner