Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Big Long Ovals for Sale (for 48 hours)

Ande1964

Practically Family
I'm doing a little hat herd-thinning, and these redundancies in my collection have got to go! I'll give them 48 hours here, and then they're off to the bay.

CHAMP SPACEWEIGHT FEDORA- Medium Gray, 7 5/8
$65, shipped via Priority Mail in the Cont. US
A nice stingy from the '60s. I love the SPACEWEIGHT name, and the liner is really beautiful. This hat also features a cool, one-way bow. Despite the name, I would call this a medium weight felt. True 7 5/8 long oval (I did the long ovalizing... it was not sold that way). Sharp overwelt brim.
INNER CIRCUMFERENCE- 24"
BRIM- 1 3/4"
CROWN- 4 1/4"
RIBBON- 1 1/2"
spaceweight.jpg

BORSALINO FELT FEDORA- Light Beige, 7 5/8
$80, shipped via Priority Mail in the Cont. US
Another nice stingy, likely from the '60s. A slightly lighter felt on this one, and a very nice, light summer color. The brim is soft, but snaps well. Felt is very clean. When I got this hat, I sent it out to Hatman Jack's in Wichita for a cleaning and new sweat. Thus, this hat does not feature the original Borsalino sweat band. It does have, however, a very nice, professionally installed sweat. It also has the original, slightly worn, liner. Fits like a slightly snug 7 5/8 long oval.
INNER CIRCUMFERENCE- 23 3/4"
BRIM- 2"
CROWN- 4"
RIBBON- 3/8"
borsalino.jpg

RESISTOL WESTERN- Brown, 7 1/2 Long Oval
$60, shipped via Priority Mail in the Cont. US
Heavy Western, with leather braided band and horse pin. I stretched this one a little when I got it, so it fits like a slightly snug 7 5/8 long oval. Heavy brown felt. Stiff, but not stiff like modern Western hats. I would guess it comes from the '70s, but I am not a Western expert. It sports the "Self-Conforming" log on the sweat band and the liner.
INNER CIRCUMFERENCE- 23 3/4"
BRIM- 3 1/4"
CROWN- 5"
"RIBBON"- 1"
resistol.jpg

MattJH

One Too Many
Ande:

I'm interested in the Spaceweight Champ. I'd like to know if you'd be interested in a trade. I'm also still interested in the gray Brooks Brothers you got for under $35 on eBay last year. All of my available hats are in the thread I made not too far down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou