Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Big men & double breasted suits

At 5-11 and not sure what I weigh (265?) I wear a 50 regular and 42 inch waist. My two main suits are double breasted and I tend to get complements when wearing them. Although I can sit with the jacket button in one of them I habitually unbutton when seated for longer periods of time.

I was told- if you are buying a suit off the rack, you have to try it on and look carefully front back sides. Plus, if you go looking for a suit you should wear a dress shirt, tie and your dress shoes so when trying on suits you can get a better, clearer picture of how it will look as a total package.

John in Covina said:
I was told- if you are buying a suit off the rack, you have to try it on and look carefully front back sides. Plus, if you go looking for a suit you should wear a dress shirt, tie and your dress shoes so when trying on suits you can get a better, clearer picture of how it will look as a total package.

Exactly. This is especially true when they are altering the suit for you. The shoes you wear allow correct cuffing height of the pants. It also allows a better fit for the jacket with the shirt and tie in place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred