Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Biggest Loser Club:Vintage

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Alright Kiddoes, weigh-in closed at 12:00 noon CST, but if you haven't weighed in yet I'm extending it to 12:00 NOON CST tomorrow, but JUST THIS ONCE! After that, if you miss 2 weigh-ins in a row, you will be kicked off the team. Unless it's a special circumstance, of course.

OUR FIRST CHALLENGE IS
Glasses of water drank! Starting tomorrow, record the number of glasses of water you drink each day. You should try and hit six glasses a day anyway, but lets try and shoot for over that-- it is winter, and I'm sure all of us could use some more hydration :D

On weigh-in day, when you record inches lost, you'll add this line to the bottom:

Glasses of H20: [total number of glasses starting Tuesday morning and ending Sunday at 12 Noon CST]

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
KittyVonKirsche said:
I was having trouble with the timing on this n Ive just worked out that 12 pm CST Sunday is 3am Monday 4 me. Confusing! lol If Im ever off on a weigh in its probably cause I've got my times mixed up.

Just thought Id post this as a warning. Our challenge is a good one n Im sure all you ladies are very sensible but just to be on the safe side...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/bradford/7779079.stm

Thanks for posting that article-- my aunt was hospitalized for drinking too much water back in the 90s when she did "Proper Food Combining." The doctor said she was basically drowning herself.

Recommended water intake is:

your weight/2+15=oz to drink.

For example, my target oz. per day would be:
171/2+15=?
85.5+15= 100.5 oz.

I should shoot for about 101 oz of water a day which breaks down to about .8 gallons or 3 liters.

Lets be healthy and hydrated ladies-- I don't want to hear about anyone in the hospital!

KittyVonKirsche

Familiar Face
maggiethespy said:
Thanks for posting that article-- my aunt was hospitalized for drinking too much water back in the 90s when she did "Proper Food Combining." The doctor said she was basically drowning herself.

Recommended water intake is:

your weight/2+15=oz to drink.

For example, my target oz. per day would be:
171/2+15=?
85.5+15= 100.5 oz.

I should shoot for about 101 oz of water a day which breaks down to about .8 gallons or 3 liters.

Lets be healthy and hydrated ladies-- I don't want to hear about anyone in the hospital!
Youre welcome :D
Weighing what I do, that would mean my RDI would be 4.6 litres of water, or 19 8ounce glasses, a day lol

plumdearly

New in Town

Miss Caroline

Familiar Face
I've drank 1.5 litres already.
I've had to visit the little girls room 5 times. :(

This challenge is really good though as I know I don't drink anywhere near enough.
I have been known to make it through to dinner time without realising I haven't had a drink that day.

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Gosh darnit....my freaking internet has been down for the last three days and I was not able to weigh-in! (Unless it has been extended to today....or was the deadline yesterday?? I am not sure) I am posting it anyway.....if I missed out, I missed out...but just in case! Good luck ladies!!!

Starting Weight: 153
Current Weight:
This weeks loss (+/-): 0
Total loss(+/-): 0
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 31/40/13
Current waist/hip/upperarm:
Inches Lost: 0

P.S. I started doing hot yoga this weekend and today my entire body is sore. Holy Schmoly! Talk about needing to drink water! I think I had a gallon yesterday! :) So I need to be drinking 91.5 oz. according to the doo-hick.

Coralee

New in Town
Sorry I'm Late......

I was having computer issues. So here's my info:

Starting Weight: 253
Current Weight: 253
This weeks loss (+/-): 0
Total loss(+/-): 0
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 46.5 / 48 / 14.5
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 46.5 / 48 / 14.5
Inches Lost: 0

plumdearly

New in Town
Miss Caroline said:
I have been known to make it through to dinner time without realising I haven't had a drink that day.

Me too! I'm only up to 20 oz out of 100 oz for the day, and it's lunchtime. That's way more than I usually drink, though, so I'm feeling good.

Miss Caroline

Familiar Face
I'm just wondering.. what counts as a glass.
I'm drinking from a 500ml bottle... and i don't know whether to count that as a glass or halve it at 250ml serving...

just wondering... :eek:

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
8 oz. (a cup) is the idea of a glass...that's roughly 240 ml.

Personally, I hate water, but I have to drink it because of a stomach ailment.

I've been reading that doctors are rethinking the idea of drinking a lot water. I think everything is up in the air, as far as what's good for you and what's not. True, water is better than soda pop etc., but I'm not going to be neurotic about it. [huh]

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
I'm going to ask that this thread be utilized by challenge participants only-- it is for recording results and for encouragement, and I'd like for it not to become too cluttered.

Miss Caroline

Familiar Face
Lareesie Ladavi said:

I've been reading that doctors are rethinking the idea of drinking a lot water. I think everything is up in the air, as far as what's good for you and what's not. True, water is better than soda pop etc., but I'm not going to be neurotic about it. [huh]

in that case I have had over 10 cups of water today. Maybe I should slow it down. hahah

KittyVonKirsche

Familiar Face
Lareesie Ladavi said:

The RDI of water according to the victorian health department is 8 glasses. Thats just under 4 500ml bottles of water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy