Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Biker jacket

Edward

Bartender
In the world of motorcycle riders, it is very difficult to find quality jackets. Plenty of good looking jackets, which may or may not be safe. Imagine the poor people who just don't know better, and they are wearing jackets from Wilson's or Burlington Coat Factory.

Definitely pays to be careful. the law was tightened up over here in recent years, and it's now actually unlawful to sell gear as motorcycle PPE unless it carries a proper ECE safety rating. (Post-Brexit, the UK was poised to create its own, separate standards, but that policy was dropped on the basis that it would have crippled the market by adding in a duplicate set of tests and certification, and thus adding significantly to manufacturer expense, particularly for UK firms that wanted to export.) Of course, it doesn't protect a rider who doesn't want to wear proper PPE from themselves - save the helmet laws, there's no legal obligation to wear anything amounting to PPE while riding.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Good spotting, thanks. I just posted what the guy had in his description, so he's got it wrong!
Note the roller buckle. Never seen on 's Schott, often seen on cheap Pakistan made jackets.

IMG_3570.jpeg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Is it possible that this is a European Schott? They have licensed imports that we don’t generally see on this side of the Ocean.
This screenshot is from the Schott site in France.
View attachment 576313
I don't think so, I live on the other side of the ocean and I see a lot of those 'LC' Schott's on the used market. Never seen one with a roller buckle.

Yango

One of the Regulars
I don't think so, I live on the other side of the ocean and I see a lot of those 'LC' Schott's on the used market. Never seen one with a roller buckle.
How is the quality of the LC’s in terms of leather quality and manufacturing?

JonnyKwest

New in Town
Schott doesn't use this type of belt buckle.
Here's a Schott 618 worn by someone called "Bikerevs" on Pinterest.
(Bikerevs, if you want these photos taken down on here, reach out.)

View attachment 576172 View attachment 576174
Here's a Schott 618 worn by someone called "Bikerevs" on Pinterest.
(Bikerevs, if you want these photos taken down on here, reach out.)

View attachment 576172 View attachment 576174
Schott doesn't use this type of buckle that hides part of it with the belt. You can see the entire buckle when closed on Schott. They also don't use this type of zipper on the breast pocket, they use a chain and round pull.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner