Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Biking with hats

email68

One of the Regulars
The Hatbox showed up today. Here is a photo of it on my bike.

It should work out fine. But it looks like it should be laid on its top the way its built to save the brim.

d6b97773.jpg

xz123

New in Town
Does anyone know where I could get the Bencraft carrier (or something comparable) in Europe?
I've sent Bencraft an email, asking if they could send me one, but didn't get an answer.

By the way: Hello, I'm new here :)
I'm from Germany. I own a few hats - two Borsalinos, an Akubra, a Stetson and a few oilskin and leather hats.

Edward

Bartender
Personally go a cap when I cycle. More in keeping with the style of the thing. Beret is also a good option.

Probably what I'd do - easily rolled up and shoved in a pocket, and substituted for the helmet once off the bike. I don't currently have a bike here in London, but I plan to get one at some point, for exercise and short local rides. Helmets are not a legal requirement over here (yet), but given everything I've heard from trusted sources, including nurse friends who have worked A&E when cyclists came in, I'd bite the bullet and wear one. Just shame it's so hard to find one that doesn't make you look like a mushroom painted up like a Power Ranger. For a long time my solution has been to eschew cycling rather than wear a helmet I consider necessary bit idiotic looking. I don't give a damn what other people think of the look of me in it..... if, however, I think I look like an idiot, even every other person in the world thinking it's the canine's testicles would not persuade me to don it.

xz123

New in Town
Am I the only one who doesn't get any reply when mailing bencraft? And yes, I've checked my spam folder.

And Paddy, that looks great indeed.

mattface

Practically Family
I ride my bike to work almost every day, and if it's a fedora day (which it has been a lot lately) I wear a a fedora while biking to work. i really don't see a problem. the only time one ever blew off was when I was wearing a new Panama that hadn't yet shrunk to my head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn