Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso Mfg - Official Affiliate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rus1980

Familiar Face
Today's special. Buy an A-1 or Aeronaut A-1 in Victory Capeskin, get a USN jacket at 50% off. Offer applies for seal color capeskin only and seal goatskin for the USN jacket. The 50% item has to be purchased at the same time. To redeem the offer make your purchase of A-1 or Aeronaut via our website and then contact us for the USN jacket.

Offer valid until Dec 7, 12:00 GMT.

That's a sweet deal!

Seems to me certain forum members deem long waits for leather jacket delivery more acceptable in certain manufacturers.

Clue in. If I am told my GW is going to be 14 months, it takes 14 months. OTOH, guys who have been told time n get time nx4 then that's an issue. Nobody goes in blind on time. But when the time is exceeded in a monumental fashion, it's on the vendor.

Today's special. Buy an A-1 or Aeronaut A-1 in Victory Capeskin, get a USN jacket at 50% off. Offer applies for seal color capeskin only and seal goatskin for the USN jacket. The 50% item has to be purchased at the same time. To redeem the offer make your purchase of A-1 or Aeronaut via our website and then contact us for the USN jacket.

Offer valid until Dec 7, 12:00 GMT.

Nice offer. Good luck on it!

Which USN jacket specifically?

andyfalzon

Vendor
Butte, if you order Badalassi now we will ship in 4 days.
It's not on the vendor, it's on the leather supplier. You have seen us putting out jackets at very reasonable times before.

Last edited:

rus1980

Familiar Face
Andy,

Quick question. On your navy jackets, is it possible to have RCN stamped on the back of the collar instead of USN? Some people may wonder why I would want that, but its because I serve in the Royal Canadian Navy, and the USN doesn't suit me. I'm not concerned about the historical facts... Totally understand if its not possible, as it would be fairly unusual. Never hurts to ask.

Russ

andyfalzon

Vendor
Thanks for asking Russ. It could be done, but you would have to pay extra. What we can do for free is to perforate RCN on the storm flap if you wish.

rus1980

Familiar Face
That's what I'm asking. What are the design differences? The differences don't jump out of the pictures at me.

andyfalzon

Vendor
Different shape collar, pocket flap shape, the left pocket of the G&F is larger than the right, while on the W&G they are the same size, the collar strap is different shape, the storm flap is different, the belt on the back of the W&G is lower than the G&F, different color linings and pocket snaps, different placement of vent holes, the typeface of USN is different, there are stitching detail differences, different patterns, the W&G is a tad longer in the body etc.

rus1980

Familiar Face
Different shape collar, pocket flap shape, the left pocket of the G&F is larger than the right, while on the W&G they are the same size, the collar strap is different shape, the storm flap is different, the belt on the back of the W&G is lower than the G&F, different color linings and pocket snaps, different placement of vent holes, the typeface of USN is different, there are stitching detail differences, different patterns, the W&G is a tad longer in the body etc.

Thanks, that's very helpful.

ausreenactor

One of the Regulars
Couchy, that's one badass jacket- congrats!

I travelled across the country and endured a few mildly annoying dilemmas along the route. At the end of it, upon my arrival at the in-laws home, was my russet 'Beast' BK Werber A-2. To say that the jacket is amazing is an understatement. I took my Goodwear Perry along for the ride just in case as my jacket for our USA trip commencing tomorrow (in the event the postal service did not meet the timelines). The 'Beast' Werber A-2 shall now take centre stage as I stroll onto the deck of the USS Midway later this week. Fit is perfect. Hide is sensational. Tianna (better half) commented on the russet bearing a resemblance to an early ELC 1401-P with a NOS Crown that I foolishly sold to a member here from memory? If Tianna is happy with a jacket then I have done something right for once. (Well BK did...) Construction is faultless and the timeline was only a matter of weeks if you exclude an international transit and finalising the sleeve measurement to exactly what was required. I ordered a hide that was available and my order was completed in no time at all. Pics along the way and updates at every stage, as most here have seen. I will be posting some 'as worn' pics after our SoCal/Vegas adventure. Have a Merry Christmas everyone if I do not pop in beforehand..One VERY happy camper!!

Couchy

thor

Call Me a Cab
I have the BK W&G M-422 and its superb! The fit, the materials, the workmanship, all perfect! Have worn it everyday since receiving it in August and its a great all-around jacket. Just got back from a trip to Japan and the M-422 served me well, from hauling luggage and a backpack through airports to enduring a crowded Tokyo subway at rush hour. The best "go-to" jacket I've ever had.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I travelled across the country and endured a few mildly annoying dilemmas along the route. At the end of it, upon my arrival at the in-laws home, was my russet 'Beast' BK Werber A-2. To say that the jacket is amazing is an understatement. I took my Goodwear Perry along for the ride just in case as my jacket for our USA trip commencing tomorrow (in the event the postal service did not meet the timelines). The 'Beast' Werber A-2 shall now take centre stage as I stroll onto the deck of the USS Midway later this week. Fit is perfect. Hide is sensational. Tianna (better half) commented on the russet bearing a resemblance to an early ELC 1401-P with a NOS Crown that I foolishly sold to a member here from memory? If Tianna is happy with a jacket then I have done something right for once. (Well BK did...) Construction is faultless and the timeline was only a matter of weeks if you exclude an international transit and finalising the sleeve measurement to exactly what was required. I ordered a hide that was available and my order was completed in no time at all. Pics along the way and updates at every stage, as most here have seen. I will be posting some 'as worn' pics after our SoCal/Vegas adventure. Have a Merry Christmas everyone if I do not pop in beforehand..One VERY happy camper!!

Couchy

Looking forward to the pics of it being worn Couchy and once she gets a bit of wear.

Have fun on the holiday and enjoy the time away from the sandpit ;)

ausreenactor

One of the Regulars
So far so good...

TheBeastwithaBeast.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ausreenactor

One of the Regulars
Looks great Couchy.
Congrats
HD

Just a rental Van... ;)

It is a ripper of a jacket. The smell of the hide filled the suite when I got back from refueling and dropping off the hire car. Heading to the USS Midway tomorrow. If anyone is likely to know what the style is it will be there... Thinking I have underdone it though. Possibly B-6/D-1 weather as we move to Vegas. Left Miles' recent RM Deck Zip at home too. :eusa_doh: Have an insanely thin L-2 though... Will get some pics with the Naval Aviation displays tomorrow..

Couchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy