Bill Kelso website down

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Marc mndt, Oct 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caber

Caber Familiar Face

New Owner? I never heard anything about that

dannyk likes this.
  2. kojax

kojax Practically Family

you think they would tell people what is going on out there. not good business i bought a jacket when they first start there bussiness the jacket was not bad i sold it to a member here

3. Edward

Edward Bartender

Back around the time the prices on the website switched from Euro to Pounds Sterling and when Andy Falzon used to post on here, there was a big thing made that BK had been sold to a "new UK owner" - you'll probably find the posts somewhere on here if you search. There was supposed to be some sort of big announcement as to who it would be, with all sorts of speculation. The Lauder trial was still running at the time and some folks thought maybe it would turn out it was Sandy Alexander after the negative press for Alexander Leathers (now Simmonds Bilt) as a result of the trial. In the end, it was a bit of a damp squib - nothing was ever mentioned, Andy fell out with the forum, people moved on.

4. Edward

Edward Bartender

It would make sense. Course, if they were hacked they could also have had hassle with the website. If they are using a commercial hosting provider, it can be a nightmare getting through the bureaucracy on those to get a site back up if it's come down for any reason.

dannyk likes this.
  5. Chet33

Chet33 New in Town

I received an email from them about a week and a half ago saying they expected the website back up at the end of last week. Must of been delayed a little longer

6. Justhandguns

Justhandguns Practically Family

Their Facebook page apparent is still active.

Talking about the UK ownership, it has always been a mystery, there are some tell tale hints. American Classic in London, which is the stockist for Eastman by the way, have been selling BK jackets for a while already, so instead of SB, they might have a hand behind the take over a few years back.

Edward likes this.
  7. Edward

Edward Bartender

That has long seemed likely. It just always seemed bizarre that a big announcement was promised and then nothing came of it. That said, it must have been around the time Andy fell out with us round here, so that may be it.

FB is indeed active - and there's now a notice on the website to the effect it will be "back soon". Probably revamping it, which makes sense; all sales sites need a go-over every so often or they start to look stale and dated.

dannyk likes this.
  8. kojax

kojax Practically Family

i saw that on facebook the website could be back this weekend

9. marker2037

marker2037 A-List Customer

Yup, according to Instagram that’s the plan as I see some new items soon to be added to the site. Good news!

10. Chet33

Chet33 New in Town

Website is back up

dannyk and Marc mndt like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.