Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso website down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caber

One of the Regulars
From a sales & marketing pov, it'd be worth likely them indicating the site is temporarily down, but then that's assuming their 'new mystery owner' (was that ever announced, or did it fizzle out?). In the event of a hack, they would be required by law (General Data Protection Regulation), being based in the EU, to notify the national Data Protection Authority as well as any customers whose personal data may have been compromised. I can well imagine that being a headache. Also possible they are looking ot limit new orders coming in for a bit if they are working on a backlog. Which makes sense, as I've seen a few smaller businesses over they ears get in real trouble by getting caught up in a backlog while still taking on new orders.

New Owner? I never heard anything about that

kojax

Practically Family
you think they would tell people what is going on out there. not good business i bought a jacket when they first start there bussiness the jacket was not bad i sold it to a member here

Edward

Bartender

Back around the time the prices on the website switched from Euro to Pounds Sterling and when Andy Falzon used to post on here, there was a big thing made that BK had been sold to a "new UK owner" - you'll probably find the posts somewhere on here if you search. There was supposed to be some sort of big announcement as to who it would be, with all sorts of speculation. The Lauder trial was still running at the time and some folks thought maybe it would turn out it was Sandy Alexander after the negative press for Alexander Leathers (now Simmonds Bilt) as a result of the trial. In the end, it was a bit of a damp squib - nothing was ever mentioned, Andy fell out with the forum, people moved on.

Edward

Bartender
Thats what I would think. Whether backlog or due to covid messing up shipping....they probably took it down so they couldnt take on new orders. Which I dont like. They would be better off putting up an explanation and locking purchase options. Or at the very least explaining and just putting up long lead times. I dont like just disappearing.

It would make sense. Course, if they were hacked they could also have had hassle with the website. If they are using a commercial hosting provider, it can be a nightmare getting through the bureaucracy on those to get a site back up if it's come down for any reason.

Chet33

New in Town
I received an email from them about a week and a half ago saying they expected the website back up at the end of last week. Must of been delayed a little longer

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Their Facebook page apparent is still active.

Talking about the UK ownership, it has always been a mystery, there are some tell tale hints. American Classic in London, which is the stockist for Eastman by the way, have been selling BK jackets for a while already, so instead of SB, they might have a hand behind the take over a few years back.

Edward

Bartender
Their Facebook page apparent is still active.

Talking about the UK ownership, it has always been a mystery, there are some tell tale hints. American Classic in London, which is the stockist for Eastman by the way, have been selling BK jackets for a while already, so instead of SB, they might have a hand behind the take over a few years back.

That has long seemed likely. It just always seemed bizarre that a big announcement was promised and then nothing came of it. That said, it must have been around the time Andy fell out with us round here, so that may be it.

FB is indeed active - and there's now a notice on the website to the effect it will be "back soon". Probably revamping it, which makes sense; all sales sites need a go-over every so often or they start to look stale and dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points