Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso Westfall in Black Liberty HH

chamboid

One of the Regulars
Don't really think the cuff configuration has anything to do with it. As I measured the jacket at the same look on the sleeve above where the cuff starts.

Last edited:

chamboid

One of the Regulars
Superfluous woud it be possible to measure the circumference on those jackets as opposed to width. Makes and easier comparison.

Plumbline

One Too Many
Superfluous woud it be possible to measure the circumference on those jackets as opposed to width. Makes and easier comparison.

Some others for comparison

Button Cuffs ( all measured circumfrenc at top of cuff)

Aero HB Deluxe (44") 12.5" - mid 2000's
Alexander Dakota (42") 12.25"
Alexander Simmons Bilt (42") 12.25"

Non Button Cuffs ( measured at midpoint of cuff 2.5" up from bottom of sleeve)

Aero VDR (44") 13" - mid 2000's and late 1990's
Alexanders Lavant (42") 12.5"
Aero Highwayman (40") 12.5" - late 2000's
Aero Highwayman (42") 12.75" - late 1990's
Alexander Roadster (42") 12.5"
Alexanders Adventurer (44") 12.25" (strap cuff)
Eastman ANJ-4 (44") 13" - Late 1990's and late 2000's
Aero B3 (42") 13" - late 2000's

M/C Jackets

Aero KoR (42") 12" early 2000's I think
Alexanders Oakland (44") 11.75"
Alexanders Detroit (44") 11.75"
Alexanders Grizzly (42") 13" .. this is not a zipped cuff but rather has a buttoned leather strap for decoration only)

* It should be noted that only the Eastman ANJ-4 has storm cuffs fitted.

HTH

I'm really beginning to think cuff size is a bit like watch size.
Just because I'm happy with a 37mm on my wrist doesn't make me less manly than the guy sporting a 42mm.
Cuff/wrist measurement should be added to the sizing when ordering.
I'm noticing that if the sleeve end goes all the way to the thumb joint, the width isn't as noticeable/bothersome as it looks to be if the sleeve is shorter and ends at the wrist or above. Up there, I'd prefer them slimmer.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have to admit that in viewing the photos of zhz and Chamboid, I have overlooked one thing, gloves. Fact of the matter is, without gloves all these cuffs look too wide to me. This oversight is caused because I rarely want to or need to wear gloves. Then I remember this ad.
47f59634a454b5d98dff631835999d34.jpg

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Amazingly it's somerhing I have never noticed before. Nor something which worries me in the slightest.

If BK are charging upwards of £1,200 for a jacket, I really don't think it's unreasonable to expect it be perfect down to the last stitch. [huh]

chamboid

One of the Regulars
But they are not charging that Sloan... The Hercules is that much. That's the only one. I paid £600 for my Aeronaut I think.

And i've worn that jacket the hardest for the past two years I've had it. I might just be wear.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Odd, I could have sworn those prices were uniformly top dollar the last time I looked, but I stand corrected. But tbh, for the prices we're talking about here, I'd still expect the stitching on my button holes to be both properly completed and hardy enough to stand up to some decent punishment. YMMV.

zhz

Practically Family
I finally decided to slim down the sleeves of the jackets, received it yesterday, I am happy with the result, its a better looking jacket now. And I think the fit is perfect now, break in time now

照片 22-07-2015 22 36 19.jpg

zhz

Practically Family
Congrats. Between this and that ELMC today, I've been smitten with jacket lust.

I was actually considering that ELMC jacket, but what stopped me is lack of customisation of ELMC, I am a short guy, so normally I need to shorten the jacket length and sleeve length to fit me better.
If ELMC can offer short version, I definitely will get one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner