Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso Westfall in Black Liberty HH

A-1

One Too Many
Zhz, looking good! Great that you had the patience to send it in.
I actually had to send mine in as well for a repair job. Or better two. After about two months the stitching in the armpit became loose and the breast zipper fell off. BK took care of it but I had to pay the postage fees. And it took about a month to return. I’m impatient as hell.

Now, after one more month, the lining (I chose a lighter weight tartan) got a hole in it. I have no idea where that came from but next time I’m choosing a lining, it’s not gonna be a light weight tartan for sure. I mean come on not even half a year without a hole.

I must say I’m disappointed again (same old song). Paying so much for a jacket for having so much trouble with it, now way I’m a happy customer!

My Filson jackets don’t have any holes or whatsoever after years and years and years of extra heavy wear. It seems like the BK jacket is a jacket that needs a lot of pampering and I’m the worst at this. I’m wearing my Alden Indys and Vibergs through the deepest mudd and snow and my raw denims in the filthiest squats I can find. Haha.
But seriously, I always thought leather jackets can take a beating, that’s actually why I bought it in the first place.

Hope you all have better luck!

zhz

Practically Family
Zhz, looking good! Great that you had the patience to send it in.
I actually had to send mine in as well for a repair job. Or better two. After about two months the stitching in the armpit became loose and the breast zipper fell off. BK took care of it but I had to pay the postage fees. And it took about a month to return. I’m impatient as hell.

Now, after one more month, the lining (I chose a lighter weight tartan) got a hole in it. I have no idea where that came from but next time I’m choosing a lining, it’s not gonna be a light weight tartan for sure. I mean come on not even half a year without a hole.

I must say I’m disappointed again (same old song). Paying so much for a jacket for having so much trouble with it, now way I’m a happy customer!

My Filson jackets don’t have any holes or whatsoever after years and years and years of extra heavy wear. It seems like the BK jacket is a jacket that needs a lot of pampering and I’m the worst at this. I’m wearing my Alden Indys and Vibergs through the deepest mudd and snow and my raw denims in the filthiest squats I can find. Haha.
But seriously, I always thought leather jackets can take a beating, that’s actually why I bought it in the first place.

Hope you all have better luck!

Sorry to hear that. You should send the jacket back for a repair, and ask BK to cover the postage. I am happy with two of my BK jackets, no problem so far.
I think the hole on the lining is caused by bugs?

I suppose that some will think I am being over critical with my opinion, yet, I just can't get over the BK cuffs. On the new redone jacket the sleeves are nice and trim/slim (which are much better, by far, than the first jacket), but then the cuffs still either look over large (around?) compared to the rest of the sleeve or the button cuff flap is somehow situated to make them appear that way. Kind of a BK trademark. Evidently of little matter to those commenting favorably here, but something that does stand out to me. Nothing so horrible at all, just, I think, noticeable.
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana