Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Biltmore House Hat

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stan said:
Hi,

I *must* be ill here. I just won a sort-of Open Road style hat on eBay last evening for $4. Now I just can hardly wait for it to get here so I can see what in heck I managed to get for $4! lol

I have something like 20 hats in the watch list, but won't bid until we're into the last day and the price hasn't gone over $20. So, it's an illness, but a cheap one. :D

Later!

LINK, LINK!

Stan

A-List Customer
Sorry, sorry!

Hi,

Sorry about that, chief! Of course, y'all want to see the $4 special!

Actually, it's the $19.25 special when I add in the shipping. I have *got* to get into the habit of adding in the shipping costs and not just think about the actual winning bid amount.....

Here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250237450428

Not much of a description, and one measly photo. Yep, that's $4 worth there!

So, what will it *really* be when I get it?

A nice OR-esque clone or big old stiff cowboy hat? Moth eaten or not? Smells like a gym bag or an ashtray or not? Don't know!

And....that's the fun part of it all!

I have enough good hats and useful everyday hats and even don't-care-if-it-falls-off-in-the-chicken-pen farming hats that I don't *need* any more hats.

So, now I can have fun playing with these sorts of don't-know-what-I'm-a-gonna-get auctions. :D

Later!

Stan

carldelo

One Too Many
Stan said:
Hi,

I have enough good hats and useful everyday hats and even don't-care-if-it-falls-off-in-the-chicken-pen farming hats that I don't *need* any more hats.

In the words of Will Penny in Unforgiven: "...'need's got nothin' to do with it"

I like that cowboy hat, and I bet the box is worth more than $4.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Good deal...

Well, in any case Colby, it looks like you got a nice looking Open Road clone for your 12 clams. At first I thought it might be a Penney's Marathon, but the logo doesn't look right. Can't wait to see your pics of it once you receive it.
Congratulations! :eusa_clap

Cheers!

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
DJ...I emailed the seller and asked what else was printed on the sweat etc...Well I got the minimal back on that also...it's a "Silver Buckle" (that's the image you can see) Biltmore...That's it...[huh] So I bopped around and found a few other silver buckles made by Biltmore. It does look like an OR clone though...and apparently in 3X...so it's not wool. He's sending it out Thursday due to his post office not being open on Wednesday...[huh] ...Ya gotta love ebay sellers...

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Stan said:
Hi,

Sorry about that, chief! Of course, y'all want to see the $4 special!

Actually, it's the $19.25 special when I add in the shipping. I have *got* to get into the habit of adding in the shipping costs and not just think about the actual winning bid amount.....

Here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250237450428

Not much of a description, and one measly photo. Yep, that's $4 worth there!

So, what will it *really* be when I get it?

A nice OR-esque clone or big old stiff cowboy hat? Moth eaten or not? Smells like a gym bag or an ashtray or not? Don't know!

And....that's the fun part of it all!

So, now I can have fun playing with these sorts of don't-know-what-I'm-a-gonna-get auctions. :D

Later!

Stan
Very cool Stan!...:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
It has arrived!!!...and boy is it purty!

I found a box on my doorstep today...I saw that it was from the man I had bought the Biltmore hat from. I rushed it into the house to hide it from prying eyes...whipped out my knife, slicing through tape...the cardboard box opened easily. Inside was a black hat box...yellow stripes ran around it's top...I opened the box...inside a plastic bag was a really nice looking OR type hat in silver belly.
I lifted the hat and a piece of paper fell from the hat...it was the write up tag for the hat...describing it...It's a 3X Biltmore (western) Open Road Style in Silver Belly.....Size...7 1/8 (57)....Huh:eusa_doh: [huh]
What the hell?...Where do you get 7.5 from this?...It's got 7 1/8 on a tag in the hat and this piece of paper describing the hat to a tee!:eek: :rage:
So I sit here...weeping onto my keyboard...thinking to myself that my next purchase will be a real hat from Art or one of the many vendors on this site that can guarantee me a hat in my size...I think my search for the elusive ebay super find is over...and Damn, it's a pretty silver belly too....:p
I think that it's time to sell some hats on the bay to fund my need for an Art work....:D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I don't even look on ebay anymore and got rid of paypal since they were the source for my bank account getting hacked 3 times. They said we don't see any evidence of fraud!:rage:

Lon Goval

Familiar Face
Wrong Size?

Pack it up and send it to me. My wife wears that size. I'm always leary if I can't see the tag myself. I don't know how they can get the size mixed up like that, but I've had a few myself.

Ralph

See, even if you can't wear it yourself, it's still hard to go wrong at that price.

But I certainly understand your frustration. You're just left to wonder how can a person apparently capable of dialing a telephone, say, or accessing ebay, let alone posting an auction there, can confuse 7 1/8 with 7 1/2.

Alas, it happens all the time.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fishy

At least it was not more'n twelve plus shipping. But I understand. I have, more times than I can count, been in the identical situation. It is supremely exasperating! :rage:
Why do I keep trolling the 'bay? 'cause like a patient fisherman I am waiting for another twenty dollar 7 1/4 Stratoliner to break the surface in my field of vision... it happens.

You have to forgive Tennessee Hillbillies, even when some of us take off both our shoes, we still can't count as high as 7 1/8
lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy