Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Birthdays

The Shirt

Practically Family
Here's another question for you december babies. What can a friend do to make sure that you don't feel lumped together with the holiday? I have a girlfriend that I try to buy 2 presents for and give to her at separate times. I also make every effort to take her out the evening of or a nearby evening of her actual day. She often feels like hers is missed despite my best efforts. I don't even use holiday themed paper to wrap the gift.;)

What would you actually like to have it acknowledged as different?

Edward

Bartender
The Shirt said:
Here's another question for you december babies. What can a friend do to make sure that you don't feel lumped together with the holiday? I have a girlfriend that I try to buy 2 presents for and give to her at separate times. I also make every effort to take her out the evening of or a nearby evening of her actual day. She often feels like hers is missed despite my best efforts. I don't even use holiday themed paper to wrap the gift.;)

That irght there is a big deal. I'm not a December baby, but I have a couple of very dear friends who are. One of them once did comment on the fact that I had made the effort to wrap in non-Christmas paper - a rare occurence. To be fair, I think a lot of folks find it hard to fnid anything else this time of year, but nonetheless it did impress her.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Shirt said:

Maybe it's just me, but a pleasant evening out, some non-holiday wrapping paper and two seperate presents sounds like plenty.

I would be more than happy with those results. ;)

pgoat

One Too Many
LizzieMaine said:
Happy (impending) Birthday to PSG and LD! I think more people should be born on the same day -- it makes it so much easier to keep track!
this is true; mine is coming up soon and two of my friends have the same b-date (not the same years).

pgoat

One Too Many
The Shirt said:

yeah, it should be separate, like going out for a drink or dinner, but not as part of a holiday party. Having said that, it is sometimes more convenient to get together with people during the holidays (visitors from out of town, etc, who can't stick around extra days).

I've never really felt shafted on the gift thing. But some times people are too emotionally drained and physically pooped to get together (my bday is after the holidays).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy