Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black cherry color.

I recently experimented on replicating Winchester's original Black Cherry using acid dyes. The client was very happy with it. I also made a hat for him in a Brown Cherry.....a chestnut dye with strong red undertones. It was a lot of work getting the recipe just right but it was fun experimenting. I am pretty sure the hats are posted in the Wolfbrae thread

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Northwest Hats
Black Cherry bowler.
20211224_163243.jpg

The Shoe

One Too Many
Considering a black cherry Hornskov. My search for an example of a FEPSA black cherry hat led me to this thread, but still no luck. I really did want to see an example or two, but if no one in the lounge has one, that kind of makes it more tempting!

Considering a black cherry Hornskov. My search for an example of a FEPSA black cherry hat led me to this thread, but still no luck. I really did want to see an example or two, but if no one in the lounge has one, that kind of makes it more tempting!

It can certainly be a great color. I think it’s easy to get wrong e.g. Winchester’s current incarnation.

The Shoe

One Too Many
It can certainly be a great color. I think it’s easy to get wrong e.g. Winchester’s current incarnation.
Here’s what I’m considering. But I would get either the silk grosgrain or vintage grosgrain rather than the “rayon grosgrain” petersham. I am happy with my Hornskovs with the petersham, but one of them has the silk grosgrain, and it’s definitely a step up (not that I need to convince you of that!)
IMG_0581.jpeg

Here’s what I’m considering. But I would get either the silk grosgrain or vintage grosgrain rather than the “rayon grosgrain” petersham. I am happy with my Hornskovs with the petersham, but one of them has the silk grosgrain, and it’s definitely a step up (not that I need to convince you of that!) View attachment 534395

I like that a lot. It doesn’t look too dissimilar to my Gannon in plum colored nutria:

IMG_2252.jpeg
IMG_2253.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112