Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black goatskin maxwell

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I can see it's a goodie, but as you rightly point out, your iphone isn't doing it any faours. So if you should have time later on and if the Missus is in an obliging mood, i think it wouldn't do this thread any harm at all if you could see your way to getting the real camera out and onto the case

All the best
Schitz

OK Schitz, I have a couple of shots just taken outside on an overcast day, although I don't like these pics much better than the earlier ones but might give a better idea of fit but not the magnificient appearance and texture of the black goatskin.

schitzo

Suspended
Thanks for those Fanch. They do give an idea of the quality of that goatskin, especially the second one, and I can tell from here that up close that stuff would be first rate. This thread is mos def some serious food for thought!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I think you need to do some close-ups of that hide, Fanch, it's the only way you'll capture it properly!

Craig, I haven't had much look capturing fine detail of anything with my IPhone no matter what the distance or lighting. :eeek: Maybe Holly will see this thread and provide additional input, including pictures, regarding the newly acquired black goatskin by Aero. It is definitely one of the nicest hides I have ever seen.

Dr.Seuss

One of the Regulars
Fanch, please excuse me, but I cannot resist, "you old goat!" What a fantastic choice! I would have you know, with your sage advice, my Teamster (with a few tweaks) is now being sewn together, somewhere over the sea. The button jackets are truly addictive and offer such a variety of looks, depending upon your whim. Did you "D-ring" the side straps; they do not look like the side straps/fasteners on my Maxwell. Kindly keep us in the loop as to how that Maxwell wears in, I need a lighter weight jacket for the spring/summer nights in Denver. Well done, Sir!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Did you "D-ring" the side straps; they do not look like the side straps/fasteners on my Maxwell.

Dr. Seuss you are very observant. I have gone with D-rings on three out of my four last jackets (Maxwell, Mulligan, and Teamster) as it has been my experience that the D-rings are less likely to come loose and seem to hold better than other fasteners.

I look forward to seeing pictures and impressions of your Teamster on arrival. My Teamster is FQHH with moleskin body shell lining and is somewhat warmer than any of my other Aero jackets.

Although my jackets all have 27.5" sleeves, I imagine that my sleeves would barely clear your elbows. :D

Dr.Seuss

One of the Regulars
Although my jackets all have 27.5" sleeves, I imagine that my sleeves would barely clear your elbows. :D

Righto! Although the folks at Aero were somewhat balking, they agreed to my 33 inch sleeve request. Oh, the tribulations of the long armed.

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Fanch, Looks great! and agree this cut suits your body style well..

As a fellow Texan, how are you able to wear all your jackets in our weather? I look forward to traveling somewhere cold just to give mine some wear:)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think Fanch has become the FL's arch-enabler! You should ask for a goat sample, though, Jack, it's definitely worth consideration.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Nice-looking jacket, Fanch. Your pics pushed me over the edge. I ordered a Maxwell in black MWHH at Insurrection yesterday. Late July for delivery/pics. Thanks for your pics, I think. :)

Jack, it was almost a toss of the coin between black goatskin and black MWHH. One of the reasons that I went with black goatskin is that I already have a brown MWHH Mulligan. Be sure to ask Insurrection about their Italian horsehide that is unique to Insurrection.

Edward

Bartender
Wasn't it Edward who was looking for black goat..? Here's his chance. Looks very nice.
HD

Nicely remembered - yes, it was me. I'm due to go up to Aero at the end of July to get measured up for a black halfbelt. I'd decided on the fqhh for this, but I'm definitely now going to look at the black goat as the primary option. Can't seen Fanch's photos, but I've seen other pictures and it really does look fantastic.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Here's a couple of close up pics I see you were after....

It's veg tanned, and absolutely beautiful. We've put a wee news story up about the new leather as we're so pleased with it. Full info over here - http://aeroleatherclothing.com/news-detail.php?id=156

Holly, thanks so much for posting pictures of your new black veg tanned goatskin that captures the essence of what my pictures fails to illustrate. I definitely hit a home run with bases loaded when I decided to have my Maxwell made with this fantastic black goatskin just acquired by Aero! :thumb:

D

Deleted member 16736

Do you have a picture of the dark brown version of this new hide? Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner