Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Sheep Hat Works

John J

Familiar Face
Hi Bob and Miss Alex.

we've talked on the phone and Emailed But Ill make it official from me here at the lounge.

welcome back, happy you had a pleasant and perhaps enlightening journey.

looking forward to My black cherry creation your working on!!

Have a great day!

"J"

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Picked this up from Bob, it's a conversion project I left with him. It started out as a Resistol 3X western. I forgot to take a before pic but the hat was a big'ol cowboy hat that wasn't as nice as the auction pixs suggested. It was too small as usual and was sweat stained from a working life. I just wanted a green hat and figured it'd make a nice knock around hat. Bob had other ideas:

To say I'm stoked with the results would be an understatement. Specs: crown front: 4 3/8, middle: 5 1/2, back: 5, brim: 2 3/8

Last edited:
That looks great Mike, and it looks real good on you. Does the ostrich feel weird on you forehead, or can you even tell?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks fellas! I really love working with Bob, seems there's no challenge he won't tackle. Oh, except cutting the mode edge off one of my borso's, said it would be sacrilegious.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Mike
You have a true winner there
The conversion is the best I have seen on this forum
I'm very impressed & the dimensions are of days past
Nice tall straight blocking & the brim looks nice & thin
Good detailed eye candy pics

jhe888

One of the Regulars
I got the sizing kit and card of felt swatches for my Black Sheep order. Bob Jessee sends several sweatbands in 1/8" increments around the size you give him, and you tell him which fits right. I sent mine back today. 24 5/8" fit me. I should get a Traveler (a fairly traditional, high-crowned, center dent fedora) with a 2.5" brim in granite (a warm grey) felt with a dark grey or black ribbon sometime in January.

0f1c.jpg

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Black sheep posted a couple of incredible beauties on Facebook today. Wow, the black cherry with pewter ribbon!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran