Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blackpool 1930s in 2014

As far as expense he did all that for a little less than $200K (including furnishings). Houses around here are around $500K. Though admittedly the fact that he's a contractor helped considerably.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
yes I also don't understand him going to the trouble and expense of creating a great looking 1930's house, yet not dressing vintage!

Interesting, isn't it? It's not exactly unusual, though. My parents were always into antiques (though, to be fair, they never went this far), but never were into the clothes. I also grew up around vintage cars - my Dad's a big fan, especially of pre-war Austins, and again there there are people utterly devoted to keeping everything all-original, but who would never dream of dressing the part (I've only ever really seen that done much in the rockabilly community). Nature of the beast, I suppose. Different folks are interested in different bits and pieces of the period, few will ever go total immersion. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points