Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

The Good

Call Me a Cab
WAY more than Mad Men. It's HBO, so the nudity and foul language are in abundance.

OK thanks. I had a feeling it would be more, but I wanted know how much more. Not all of us are into things that graphic. I prefer the way Mad Men's set up, with less language and implied rather than physically seen nudity/sex.

Doublegun

Practically Family
I was really disappointed by the context of the sex and violence in Season 1 but Season 2 seems to have more of a balance. Still plenty of sex and violence but the story is better.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
It's interesting that the sex and nudity put you off but you have no problem with the gruesome, gory violence.

Right, for some reason I've always found that to be less off-putting. I say this as someone who's religious (by principle I am opposed to violence as well as the previously mentioned details), yet generally speaking, I must have been desensitized to the "shock value" of violence long ago. Sometimes, gore in films can still be pretty surprising. The recent "Immortals" movie took that about as far.

Violence in a series like Boardwalk Empire is naturally expected, of course.

Travis Lee Johnston

Practically Family
While not opposed to nudity etc. It can be gratuitous and distracting to what's going on in a show. Generally speaking that is. This show just gets more and more interesting while showing less bits and pieces of anatomy.

Last edited:

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I thought there was less sex and violence overall in Season 2, and Season 1 had more bare-butt sex. It seemed like we saw Lucy riding Nucky any number of times in season 1, Lucky doing Jimmy's mom, and Lucy doing Van Alden. All these scenes were very graphic.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats