Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

winter_joe

A-List Customer
None of us lived in the 20s so how would any of us know unless you were actually there. And this is based in america back when everybody wanted to be in america. And as for the dialogue they have to be somewhat modern or nobody would watch the show because the majority don't even know how to speak proper english, and they wouldn't understand what's going and would lose interest. If they made the show for us diehard enthusiasts they wouldn't make any money cause we are the minority in public television viewing. And like some people already posted there are alot of other shows far worse then boardwalk empire with dialogue

SPOILER ALERT, for those who haven't already seen tonight's episode on HBO-E

Gotta wonder what the dog Rosetti stole from the innocent old guy he offed on the side of the road will do to eventually doom him. The witness may not speak, but the circumstances of its coming into the Thompson household will tell more than the characters would have ever bargained for. That's my guess, anyway.

Well, okay. But in my defense I note that I put SPOILER ALERT in caps before disclosing anything that transpired in that episode.

What's your take on this Gyp Rosetti character? That huge chip on his shoulder is reminiscent of the burdens carried by some guys I've had the misfortune to know. Rosetti is much more violent (this IS fiction, after all, and murder is much easier to get away with in the make-believe world, thank goodness), but this taking offense when none is intended is something I suppose we've all had to deal with from time to time. I am closely related to a similarly insecure person. A real PITA sometimes, for sure.

Maybe it's just creeping senility that has me regarding such characters with more patience than I would have when I was younger. And maybe there's a tad of recognition there, too. I mean really, it was usually my own insecurity (and upbringing) more than anything another person may have said that had me taking offense at some perceived slight. And even if the insult is intentional, well, getting bent over it just gives it more power. It might leave others thinking the disrespect was somehow warranted.

If I were on the scriptwriting crew, I'd be floating the idea that Rosetti get offed not by a business rival, but at the hands (literally) of some big burly lug he was foolish enough to play that game of his with.

Can't say I was sorry to see Manny Horvitz's unfortunate encounter at the front door. (They just had to go and humanize him a bit -- that kissing the missus goodbye and all -- just before he met his end.) And what a terrible crime against that nice new hat!

Gotta wonder what Richard Harrow has in mind for Gillian, should he survive long enough to, er, execute his plans.

Last edited:
Well, okay. But in my defense I note that I put SPOILER ALERT in caps before disclosing anything that transpired in that episode.

What's your take on this Gyp Rosetti character? That huge chip on his shoulder is reminiscent of the burdens carried by some guys I've had the misfortune to know. Rosetti is much more violent (this IS fiction, after all, and murder is much easier to get away with in the make-believe world, thank goodness), but this taking offense when none is intended is something I suppose we've all had to deal with from time to time. I am closely related to a similarly insecure person. A real PITA sometimes, for sure.

Maybe it's just creeping senility that has me regarding such characters with more patience than I would have when I was younger. And maybe there's a tad of recognition there, too. I mean really, it was usually my own insecurity (and upbringing) more than anything another person may have said that had me taking offense at some perceived slight. And even if the insult is intentional, well, getting bent over it just gives it more power. It might leave others thinking the disrespect was somehow warranted.

If I were on the scriptwriting crew, I'd be floating the idea that Rosetti get offed not by a business rival, but at the hands (literally) of some big burly lug he was foolish enough to play that game of his with.

Can't say I was sorry to see Manny Horvitz's unfortunate encounter at the front door. (They just had to go and humanize him a bit -- that kissing the missus goodbye and all -- just before he met his end.) And what a terrible crime against that nice new hat!

Gotta wonder what Richard Harrow has in mind for Gillian, should he survive long enough to, er, execute his plans.

I was glad Horvitz bought it but the new hat could have been spared.:eusa_doh:

I can see Gillian at the end of a shotgun. :p

Well, okay. But in my defense I note that I put SPOILER ALERT in caps before disclosing anything that transpired in that episode. What's your take on this Gyp Rosetti character? That huge chip on his shoulder is reminiscent of the burdens carried by some guys I've had the misfortune to know. Rosetti is much more violent (this IS fiction, after all, and murder is much easier to get away with in the make-believe world, thank goodness), but this taking offense when none is intended is something I suppose we've all had to deal with from time to time. I am closely related to a similarly insecure person. A real PITA sometimes, for sure. Maybe it's just creeping senility that has me regarding such characters with more patience than I would have when I was younger. And maybe there's a tad of recognition there, too. I mean really, it was usually my own insecurity (and upbringing) more than anything another person may have said that had me taking offense at some perceived slight. And even if the insult is intentional, well, getting bent over it just gives it more power. It might leave others thinking the disrespect was somehow warranted. If I were on the scriptwriting crew, I'd be floating the idea that Rosetti get offed not by a business rival, but at the hands (literally) of some big burly lug he was foolish enough to play that game of his with. Can't say I was sorry to see Manny Horvitz's unfortunate encounter at the front door. (They just had to go and humanize him a bit -- that kissing the missus goodbye and all -- just before he met his end.) And what a terrible crime against that nice new hat! Gotta wonder what Richard Harrow has in mind for Gillian, should he survive long enough to, er, execute his plans.
The eyes are very difficult to force to not read words in front of them! I was lucky in that I looked away before I read anything. It's hard to do believe it or not :)OK, the show. Rosetti. He was a firefighter on "3rd Watch". Loved that show and his character, Bobby. He's easily the most hatable character on the show. I can't wait to see him offed. As for Horvitz, he was equally as bad, but a tinge of humanity, and a nice wife. He's in a new series this fall on (I think) NBC, so I figgered he was gone. The bog diff between cable and network shows is cable offs the characters without hesitation. It's good and bad. That last episode of season two really got rid of some of the ones I liked!Love this show. :)

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Lots of set up for the future in episode one.

Here is the preview for episode two.

[video=youtube;qqqkccMY-PY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqqkccMY-PY&feature=share&list=PL98F29628F7EAE3D6[/video]

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
They need to give us a protagonist, someone we can root for, or the series will sink. Jimmy was a good one, but they killed off the main guy I liked. I hope they'll develop the Irish bodyguard (Sleater), or at least the WW 1 sniper with the wounded face.

They need to give us a protagonist, someone we can root for, or the series will sink. Jimmy was a good one, but they killed off the main guy I liked. I hope they'll develop the Irish bodyguard (Sleater), or at least the WW 1 sniper with the wounded face.
I don't like Sleater. He reminds me of a character on Downton Abbey. The vet with the mask (I could google, but I won't cheat - I forget) is the best bet now, although he could go scary or sympathetic. Flip a coin. With these great cable series, even the main character's days are numbered. That makes them good (more realistic) but it can also tick folks off. I liked Jimmy too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany