Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

Landman

One Too Many
I hate to see it end but if it is going to end, 1931 would be a good year. That is a significant year for several of the characters in the show.

10557404_796619247035823_105584628520398154_n.jpg

That is one well-done ad.

I dunno, the show's had a pretty healthy run. It's not like it was canceled after one or two seasons and hadn't even hit its stride. And while the eight episodes are a drag, at least it's not another split-season with a year wait between a la Mad Men. Now THAT'S upsetting!

"Mad Men" has become very uneven. If memory serves, even out of the first half of this final season, there were only a few really good episodes, but having come this far, I'll certainly finish watching it. That said, this split season ploy doesn't ingratiate me to the show (not that they care, but if a critical mass feels the way I do, it could impact both the show's word of mouth and its run in syndication).

Landman

One Too Many
I'm looking forward to the return of the series. It looks like it is going to be a great series finale.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but in the advertisement picture posted above there is one empty rifle cartridge in the middle of the photo. All the rest of the cartridges are pistol cartridges.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Yes. I was pretty underwhelmed. I'm not sure that those Don Draper-like flashbacks to Nucky's awful childhood are a good use of time when there are only seven more episodes. And I already miss Arnold Rothstein!

p51

One Too Many
I missed the start of the episode, didn't even know it was on last night until about 6 minutes in. I had no idea those were flashbacks from Nucky's youth until this very moment, I assumed that was a relative of Nucky's or something...
When True Blood was done, I felt like it was time. Same thing with this show.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I thought it was okay... You learned some things.... Like how far Chalky has fallen. You see that Lansky and others are attempting to freeze Nucky out of anything legit once prohibition ends. You see how Luciano becomes a "Made Man" and who his next target is obviuosly going be. No, I found this episode pretty good. Nucky's bodyguard is also a hoot.

Worf

Feraud

Bartender
The time really could have been used better. I loved Ms. Arquette's sunglasses.

My wife also loved Arquette's sunglasses and hair.

I thought it was okay... You learned some things.... Like how far Chalky has fallen. You see that Lansky and others are attempting to freeze Nucky out of anything legit once prohibition ends. You see how Luciano becomes a "Made Man" and who his next target is obviuosly going be. No, I found this episode pretty good. Nucky's bodyguard is also a hoot.

Worf

Agreed. There were no fireworks but that is o.k. It's the first episode. I'm hoping the writers build to a proper finish to what I found a very enjoyable series.

emigran

Practically Family
Missed it but will catch the loop... thought it was coming on again since there were a lot of all day reruns... funny thing for me I was not interested to re watch the reruns... this show is not even close to the Sopranos which I have re watched throught two whole seasons back to back...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner