Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boater faction!

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Personally, nothing beats a vintage, so I would wait for a nice oldie to show up. You could probably find I nice vintage one for cheaper than that even, if you are vigilant!

Thanks, but I have a giant head (7 5/8, but extra long oval, so I'd have to find a 7 3/4 or even 7 7/8 -- who knows, maybe even an 8). Even if one turned up, it'd surely go for an untenable (for me) price.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Viktor, that is a stunning Boater. Don't let youth get in the way of looking awesome. I don't.

This is me in my boater, a year or two ago:

I was attending a public event, and the whole outfit was very well-received.

viktor77

New in Town
Viktor, that is a stunning Boater. Don't let youth get in the way of looking awesome. I don't.

Looking good!

I took your advice, so this is me wearing my boater to my city's Jazz on Jefferson festival.

imageeek.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Something to note in these ads. During their hey day these hats were simply referred to as straw hats. The boater or skimmer designation was used, but only slightly. I know we have various types of straw hats that we discuss, Milans, etc., but the traditional way to refer to the hats in this thread is just plain straw hat.
Just sayin'.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Yeddo style boater with some interesting weave details. Rothschild Bros. earlier kin to Maurice Rothschild, I think, but I'm not sure.
rothschild1.jpg

WOW!!!! Look at the fantastic weave and ribbon design on that boater!!!!! Absolutely phenomenal, Alan!! That might be one of the most beautiful boaters I have ever seen. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

It looks absolutely wonderful on your head, Alan!!! Well done!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

WOW!!!! Look at the fantastic weave and ribbon design on that boater!!!!! Absolutely phenomenal, Alan!! That might be one of the most beautiful boaters I have ever seen. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
It looks absolutely wonderful on your head, Alan!!! Well done!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thank you my friend. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo