Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boaters/Skimmers

android

One of the Regulars
Aaron,

Is there a boater available that would fit an extra long oval head or a way to order one?

I've thought about disassembling one and restitching it, but that would be a lot of work. They just don't fit me at all. Can't even wear one for fun.

Thanks,
Andy

Aaron Hats

Vendor
Andy, I know they're available in sizes 6 7/8 through 7 7/8 but I don't think they're available in extra long oval. I'm not in the store today but I'll check tomorrow to see if they give any other specifics.

up196

A-List Customer
Boater vs. Skimmer

Mycroft said:
Sorry, to interupt is a skimmer the same as a boater?
I believe the difference is in the width of the brim. They are basically the same, but a Skimmer (as I am wearing in my avatar) has a 2" brim while a Boater has a 3" brim.

I am wearing my 1950s skimmer today. It has a shorter brim but it is also fashioned a bit different. The brim is sort of snapped down and the back of the brim is snapped up---sort of like a flat top fedora. :p I love the looks I get while wearing it. ;)
I have no idea who sells them these days though.

Regards to all,

J

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
I am wearing my 1950s skimmer today. It has a shorter brim but it is also fashioned a bit different. The brim is sort of snapped down and the back of the brim is snapped up---sort of like a flat top fedora. :p I love the looks I get while wearing it. ;)
I have no idea who sells them these days though.

Regards to all,

J

JP, I'm a big guy like you would you post a picture of you in your boater.
Thanks,

Sharpey

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Boaters and others

Aaron Hats said:
How many are you looking for? I'm sure we could work something out. Let me know.

Aaron,

What if the loungers wanted to make a order? Could you set it thru MK that the lounge gets a small % to help support the lounge?
Thanks,

Roger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy