Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bogart Hat pics - Bullets or Ballots (1936)

Pyroxene

One of the Regulars
I caught a movie on TV the other night called Bullets or Ballots (1936) staring Edward G. Robinson & Bogart. I was really impressed with the hats they wore. Really nice items. Tall, untapered crowns and wide brims.

bogart_1.jpg

bogart_20.jpg

bogart_23.jpg

bogart_30_2.jpg

bogart_42.jpg

bogart_60.jpg

The supporting cast had some great hats too.

bogart_supporting_30_1.jpg

bogart_supporting_40.jpg

bogart_supporting_50.jpg

The movie was so-so. For me, that's ok because the costumes were great.

Cheers,
Pyroxene

Rundquist

A-List Customer
I wouldn't classify Bogart's brim in those pictures as being wide. He had such a thin face that his brims were on average more on the narrow side. The more narrow brim looks perfect on Bogart (it doesn't look narrow on him). That's what's great about getting a custom made hat. If you don't have a natural "hat face", a custom hatter can make you a hat that looks right on you, regardless. Those hats certainly look good, I'll agree. Cheers

Laughing Magpie

One of the Regulars
And excellent pics of Bogey they are too.

Renderking asked a long time ago if 'Bullets or Ballots' is available on DVD, and it is. I have it as part of my Warner Bros 'Tough Guys' collection, found on <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Pictures-Collection-Bullets-Ballots-Conquest/dpB000FI9OCMref=imdbpov_dvd_0/002-1924855-1372828">Amazon here.</a>

Jen

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
A long time ago

Renderking Fisk said:
Is this flick on DVD yet?

Also, those fedora's are perfect... too perfect!

I got this gem on VHS about 8 years ago. I also have it on DVD.

Check out IMDB.com and you will see if ANY of your favorite movies are available on DVD or VHS.

This movie is great.

playitagainsam

New in Town
I'm a huge fan of Bogey, Cagney, and Edward G. Their movies are the reason I got interested in the hats. I have recorded about 20-25 of their movies off of the cable channels here near Nashville onto DVD. If you get Turner Classics they have a good search capable schedule that publishes 3 months in advance at tcm.com. The cool thing is that they broadcast them commercial free. Just pop in a DVD, set the record date and time, and presto a vintage flick for you viewing pleasure.
:)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
What great lids these guys are sporting!!

Just worth bringing these photos back to life on here again, as they are worth it just for reference pics if any of you are thinking of pulling the trigger on a new hat or restyling an old one!!;)

Stoney

Practically Family
Great Stills

Thanks for bringing this one up again. My current project is to make my own hat starting with a tan rabbit felt hat body. I've been thinking that 1930s style tall crown with a narrower brim would work well for this hat. I'll add these pics to my collection as a reference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy