Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boning up on Minutiae

StraightEight

One of the Regulars
#1: It's very fashionable these days for the embattled media trying to raise individual voices above a constant roar to be less about what is said than how it is said. E.g.: A few people favor some thing. A trend is perceived. Writers race to piss on the trend to avoid being perceived as un-trendy. Clever trumps correct (though in this case there's some of both). The nanoseconds tick away.

For further study, see Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear. Never more than 40 misstatements, exaggerations, or outright lies per episode, yet fans flock to see what inaccuracy will be screamed into truth next.

#2: Head covering is not dead. Today on Melrose Ave. perhaps 60 percent of the male wandering hordes donned caps designed for the playing of baseball. And in a shop, I saw a man holding up a straw fedora to a bagged three-piece to see if the colors coordinated (we'll round him up to 1 full percent).

#3: The Romans wore togas for five centuries. So far the fedora's life has been summer lightning. After five centuries, they may call me retro.

ADHD librarian

One of the Regulars
bolthead said:
LMAO.....
My Pocket Borsolino could be:
my grey
my center dent
my c crown
my diamond bash
my pork pie
my stingy and my vintage, yet I'm still unsatisfied with 40+ [huh]
and I will no doubt be unsatisfied at 40 (when I get there) but at the moment I am happily deluding myself that there is a logical conclusion to my hat buying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran