Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Book Suggestion: Bias

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
All right, fine. You want to know why I like Fox News? Because they have the hottest info-chicks! Laurie Dhue, Heather Neuart, Kiren Chetry, Monica Crowley, Linda Vester, etc. Yummy. :D

I've got a short wave radio and think it is fantastic. Got it at Radio Shack. Check them out for some really good but inexpensive short wave units.

Fedora

Vendor
I like Fox News? Because they have the hottest info-chicks! Laurie Dhue, Heather Neuart, Kiren Chetry, Monica Crowley, Linda Vester, etc. Yummy.

Ah, now that is something we can agree on 100 per cent. :D I watch Fox News every night, and C-Span in the a.m. Don't get the idea that I am in any way a liberal, sometimes I just get mad at my party. I think President Reagan was beyond a doubt the finest President that we have had since F.D.R. , keeping in mind that he was a Democrat, but not the same as the Democractic Party nowadays. Fedora

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Originally posted by Fedora
I think President Reagan was beyond a doubt the finest President that we have had since F.D.R. , keeping in mind that he was a Democrat, but not the same as the Democractic Party nowadays. Fedora

I heartily agree, that Ronald Reagan was the best President, in MY lifetime.

I loved FDR..but am hearing some new info how his policies actually deepened the depression.

It is Harry S. Truman that I have really admired for his qualities. Anyone read the book TRUMAN by David McCullough?

Originally posted by The_Edge
All right, fine. You want to know why I like Fox News? Because they have the hottest info-chicks! Laurie Dhue, Heather Neuart, Kiren Chetry, Monica Crowley, Linda Vester, etc. Yummy. :D

I've got a short wave radio and think it is fantastic. Got it at Radio Shack. Check them out for some really good but inexpensive short wave units.

I was wondering who would bring up their info-babes. A friend of mine says: hey, you notice that Fox has all smoking hot babes on their shows?
I said: yep, a long time ago!
Fox is like Hooters TV. LOL
That being said, they just also happen to be conservative. I also like watching Hannity and Commie at night. I would say that show is balanced. I may have my own views but I like to hear the other side (get beat like a rug).
C'mon, just sit back and watch Fox with a more open mind. If you don't like what they say or think they are biased then you will at least see their "smoking hot babes" at the news breaks in between O'Reilly. LOL You can't see that on short wave. LOL
You can't do that with ABC, CBS, NBC or the other alphabet channels and their affiliates either. Their hosts look like something out of Deliverance. LOL LOL LOL

Regards to all and lighten up. Alphabet channels are biased. :D

J

Fedora

Vendor
When a story on Abortion pops up, the news media immediately consults all the more prominent Women's Rights groups, but when do they EVER consult women who are Pro-Life? Never. Because they do not see that group as being a valid point of view. That bothers me to no end.

I see what you mean, but is this each and every time? See, that is where the problem comes in. I don't believe it is that way each and every time, over the past 10 years. Now, I noticed the bias you are speaking of this week. The perpetrator, Erin(or is is Aaron) Brown, CNN. It was in regards, to the findings in regards to the Iraq deal, i.e. Saddam being partly responsible for 9-11. It seems that he was not, but........he did have links with terrorists. Now, the way Aaron announced the findings, it would seem that the Bush administration were all liars. He neglected to say that links were found to be present. That is pure bias, and I say, off with his head. And anyone else that distorts the facts. Fedora

Getting back to the book that all started this, Bernie Goldberg's big point in all of this is that the big news networks are all centered in liberal meccas---New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and such. Following this through its logical progression we find that the news media is never really exposed to views that contradict their own. They go to college and study under liberal professors. Their friends there are liberal and they live among liberals. Then they complete college and work for new organizations centered in liberal meccas. Again, their friends are liberal, the cities they live in are run by liberals and all their friends are liberal. They go to parties where the liberal ideas reign in New York and such. They are never exposed to middle America that they call Fly Over Country.
Therefore it is obvious that they would be liberal in all of their ways, thoughts and ideas through osmosis if nothing else. ;) They have no contacts with the Republican leadership or party leadership other than Demorat. They have no contacts within the NRA, Right to Life organizations, religious organizations, taxpayer organizations and a host of other organizations that could refute their moronic liberal drone. They do not have to reach out to these groups and would not know where to start if they did.
Glodberg's solution to this inherent bias is to move the news organization heads out of the liberal meccas and into areas like Omaha, Savannah, Boise and Austin. People like Dan Blather, Peter Jennings and Aron Brown would then have to live in areas that contradict what they say. Their grocery store chat and party chat would be at the opposite end of the spectrum then.
As it is now, they are Ivory Tower liberals who live in a Star Chamber without benefit of being challenged. Let's not forget that Goldberg is a liberal but he is one with a conscience. He wrote this book knowing that he would never work again in the hallowed halls of the alphabet channels. The lid was blown off their bias and they do not like it---too bad! They have an endemic bias that needs to be cured. Until you see them move into Fly Over Country then you know they are still living in their Star Chambers and not even considering that there are people out here who disagree.
Long live Fox because at least I know what I am getting when I watch it. It is not some conservative organization though. If it were, I would not have had to watch Ellen Ratner on Hannity and Commie last night. LOL

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR