Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Books on Hat History, Styles?

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
There are a few good books about hats and styles . Jeffrey Snyers book about Stetson is a good reference book . Go on Amazon and type in "hats" . You should get a list of books thatare very interesting . I have about 50 books on hats that I've collected over the years . I might post a list so that others can look for them.:cool2:

Raindog

One of the Regulars
Has anyone seen a good book with plenty of photographs of hats? I'm thinking of a 'coffee table' type book with clear sharp photos and descriptions of the styles.
Another option I suppose would be to gather loads of images off the net and information and print your own book. Might even sell, except for the trouble of copyright of course:cry:

Jeff.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It's all there, happy hunting!

Do some homework on the Lounge first. This topic was covered in detail....and there were many good suggestions listed then. I have most of the hat books, from the Cowboy Hat Book, Mrs. Dewsons book, Hat Life, Panama Hats, and Stetson....plus numerous others. Amazon has an excellent search engine. I would also PM our own Bartender ZOHAR, a credentialed research librarian/administrator/masters degree in Library, and employed in that capacity. Oh, and he loves hats too..

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Andykev said:
Do some homework on the Lounge first. This topic was covered in detail....and there were many good suggestions listed then.

For an absolute hat-know-nothing (like myself) who wants at least for starters to get as complete a list as possible of different types of hats, as well as the most basic "anatomy of a hat", there's Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hat

Kaleponi Craig, if you find new resources not already previously posted to the lounge, please share

MJCR

One of the Regulars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24