Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boots - Double H, Ariat, Luchesse, questions

Wonder if these are more along the Classic line. Not sure what a composite sole is, rubber and leather?

Not sure when Lucchese branched out into their different grades. Classics, 1883 and 2000's. They used to make the 1883 here, it just wasn't all handmade as the Classic is. 1883 is now made out of country. Composite sole is just what I refer to as a non-leather sole. Appears it may be some type of rubber, maybe something they once marketed as a work boot. Very clean, good looking boot.

memphislawyer

Practically Family
I'm likely to get them based on this thread. Any idea what shade of brown that is? And if I wear a 9d in the goat ropers I tried on locally, pretty safe chance this boot will fit the same? Thanks

I'm likely to get them based on this thread. Any idea what shade of brown that is? And if I wear a 9d in the goat ropers I tried on locally, pretty safe chance this boot will fit the same? Thanks

I would call that color a light brown, maybe even cognac. Hard to tell with online pics and different monitors. As for fit, I would think the fit will be similar, the only difference might be if those boots are from the Classic line, they are made on what Lucchese calls a twisted cone last and some find the fit a bit different. Be sure to let us know what you think when they come in. Post them and your thoughts in the cowboy boot thread.

Mercer

One of the Regulars
1883 is now made out of country.

Actually, only some Lucchese 1883's are made out of country. You can identify them easily because they come in red boxes, and their style numbers start with M. Other Lucchese 1883's come in brown boxes and have style numbers starting with N, T, or C. Those are made in the USA.

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Well, having lost out on one pair of Lucchese, I found a darker brown of full ostrich and offered seller $100 less and she accepted. With paypal and ebay protection, I feel pretty good about the price though this is her first sale. Full ostrich boots at the Lucchese site, cheapest is $645.00.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lucchese-Mens-Sienna-Full-Quill-Ostrich-Exotic-Roper-Boots-9d-style-LCL8118c9/122806318879?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

and at Cavenders, they are showing $549.00, so this is $300 cheaper. Hope I did good

https://www.cavenders.com/western/c...0XSS3M_zJS5K6BoCcKUQAvD_BwE#tabs1-description

Last edited:
Someone got them last night while I was sleeping and dreaming of them
I contacted customer service about Lucchese fit. She advised me that their Roper model does have a much narrower opening over the arch due to the nature of the last and fit. She advised me that with my higher arch I would have better on/off success with their cowboy boot fit rather than the Lucchese classic roper. It is interesting that it seems to be unique to Lucchese as I don't have the on/off problem with my Justin or TL ropers.

Well, having lost out on one pair of Lucchese, I found a darker brown of full ostrich and offered seller $100 less and she accepted. With paypal and ebay protection, I feel pretty good about the price though this is her first sale. Full ostrich boots at the Lucchese site, cheapest is $645.00.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lucchese-Mens-Sienna-Full-Quill-Ostrich-Exotic-Roper-Boots-9d-style-LCL8118c9/122806318879?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

and at Cavenders, they are showing $549.00, so this is $300 cheaper. Hope I did good

https://www.cavenders.com/western/cowboy-boots/mens-boots-shoes/exotic-roper-boots/LCL8118C9?cm_mmc=Google-_-Cowboy+Boots|Men's+Boots+&+Shoes|Exotic+Roper+Boots-_-CSE-_-Lucchese+Men's+Sienna+Full+Quill+Ostrich+Exotic+Roper+Boots&gclid=CjwKCAiArrrQBRBbEiwAH_6sNLNmN5Ywtoc_IUZA6aopR3K3DSseKcxseuNNnblU0XSS3M_zJS5K6BoCcKUQAvD_BwE#tabs1-description
Man, if those were 10EE I would have been all over them. Beautiful boots in a great colour.

I think you did well. Those are nice looking and I'm not a roper fan. Also, when looking at Lucchese's, the Classics will alway have a model number that starts with L. There are a lot of sellers on the bay list theirs as Classics which are not.

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Cavenders I think shows them as 1883 line. I read somewhere that in the 1990s,Location wanted to have a dress shoe and so instead of pegs they went with full stitching and the cowboys didn't like them. The sole at Cavenders is different than this one and I'm about to call cavender's to see if they were made just for cavender's. If they fit me like the goat ropers, then they will be the best fitting boot I've tried on yet and I will have gotten a steel

Also, when looking at Lucchese's, the Classics will alway have a model number that starts with L.

Greg -- does this chart imply the the Classics would start with 'L', 'F' or 'E'? Not sure how old it is or its accuracy...

dbe7ce8c771f4d6f13245d086f827c17.jpg

Last edited:
Greg -- does this chart imply the the Classics would start with 'L', 'F' or 'E'? Not sure how old it is or it's accuracy...

dbe7ce8c771f4d6f13245d086f827c17.jpg
Bob, when I referred to the L, I should have said the traditional pull on cowboy boot as that's the only letter I've seen in their Classics line. They do make some side zipper shorties in the Classics line that carry a different letter designation, though I've never seen any in person. That's what I get for making assumptions, as @Mercer pointed out above, some of the 1883 lineup is still made here but I haven't seen any US made 1883's in stores here for years.

Not sure how old that poster is but I don't think many of those lines even exist anymore.

Mercer

One of the Regulars
Not sure how old that poster is but I don't think many of those lines even exist anymore.

You are correct; most of them don't exist anymore. The Classics line still exists, but the 1883, Cowboy / Cowgirl, and 2000 boots now fall under the brown label "Lucchese Since 1883" line. The Resistol line is now the red label "Lucchese Since 1883" line. I don't know about the Charlie 1 Horse, Spirit, or American Contemporary lines since those are women's lines, which, being a male, I'm not interested in. :p:D

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Got the Lucchesse boots today. First boot in a 9D I was able to actual slip on. Others had to go up at least to a 10D. My regular shoe size is 9D.

I wanted to know what Lucchese boot it was, as it was a Cavendar's boot. Here is the response:

I was able to find two models that are quite similar to the one sold of our brand in Cavenders:
- the Zane roper from our Ready-To-Wear line https://www.lucchese.com/shop/boots/zane/N3034.C2
-and the L3084 from our Classics line (almost identical cording, different color) https://www.lucchese.com/additionallines/lucchese-classics/mens/L3084/Unfortunately, I was not able to find a model exactly like that shown in the Cavenders website, as it may be a retailer-exclusive style/color, or a discontinued model from our brand.

So, the tag on the boot says it is handmade. The cording is like the classic boot. Very, very soft leather. You know how some leathers feel stiff and others feel like tender? This is that tender feeling. Fine glove material. I have had them on 30 minutes and there is not even a snug feeling in the vamp, just a nice surrounding feeling. Least amount of heel slippage in any boot I tried on and the shaft moves and bends easily. I don't know why the seller sold them so low but I am glad. I was worried that there was something wrong with them, but the only thing I can tell is that maybe one was on the shelf and was tried on and the shaft where it meets the vamp, well maybe somehow more pliable or sinking in some, but on the foot, nothing I can see.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot