Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino Astuccio (from Bencraft)

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
This thread is an interesting one and includes this photo of a Steel Gray Borsalino and its owner...

81c8cede.jpg

metropd

One Too Many
Here's what it looks like later in the day, in direct (rather blinding) sunshine...
IMAG0015.jpg

Is this an accurate depiction of the steel grey? It looks so Charcoal, it almost looks black. You have been such a gentleman, hopefully you would be alright with taking another picture to accurately depict the shade. From your photo's it looks like 3 completely different greys. Maybe a final picture will be the most accurate. Thank you again Brent for your time, your informative posts, and your pictures. You are a great contribution to the Lounge.:) ;)

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
metropd,

I would say the felt itself in that photo is very close to how it looks outdoors (at least on my computer screens at home and work it does). It is certainly no lighter than that, not what I think of as "charcoal gray" but yes a fairly dark hat. But the ribbon color is slightly off.

I will try again to capture the hat+ribbon in natural light with my good camera and will post if I succeed in getting closer than that picture. I just wish it had picked up the ribbon color. For what it's worth, this picture
Outside800.jpg
seems to get the ribbon exactly right while making the hat look a shade too light and a bit too blue. So if you could imagine the hat from the photo of me wearing it with the ribbon of the up-close photo that is very, very close.

P.S. I've just got to say after a couple more days I absolutely adore wearing this hat. It is so light and comfortable I never imagined a fedora could be that weightless on my head. I still think the Alessandria is a slightly better made hat and I like wearing it, too. But the Astuccio is an awesome summer hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24