Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino Extra Extra Superiore XXX 7 1/4

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Immaculate Borsalino with buttery soft felt, size 7 1/4.

2 1/4 brim with great stitching (check last picture ). 1 1/2 ribbon, 4" crown from brim to top of center dent bash, perfect liner.

The following pictures were taken before shipping to Optimo for cleaning and blocking, it was just so soft it wouldn't hold shape. This hat doesn't look like it was worn much at all. Bought from a store in MILAN.

Unfortunately Optimo said they had to put a new sweatband in after cleaning.

9prpmc.jpg

2wq7vwi.jpg

11abwd4.jpg

2hgeba0.jpg

It now holds the original center dent bash perfectly and is still soft.

The color is a bit darker than the first two pics but not much very close to the last pic....

This one will be one of your favorites.....

$260 shipped in USA

Last edited:

makitright

One of the Regulars
You should sell this on the Bay. The Lounge is a tough place to get a fair price for a quality hat. Check recent sales of Borsalino's on Ebay - one cream coloured one just sold for $660 yesterday.

Just curious what did Optimo charge for the full renovation on this fedora - I have a Borsalino that is also too soft and need some attention. Thanks.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
That Cream colored Borso on eBay was a wonderful hat, rare for it's style and color to some degree. The seller has a few more very clean and nice hats on auction now, and is a very nice person as well. He says he knows a person from the "lounge" but does not know his "handle" the he posts under! He has a off white hat now also listed....

In looking at the Borso he sold for over $600.00, when the hat was at around $350.00, I made mention that more than likely the last few moments of the auction, there would be a flurry of activity, and I was correct in that. Who ever won that auction really wanted to own that hat.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
You should sell this on the Bay. The Lounge is a tough place to get a fair price for a quality hat. Check recent sales of Borsalino's on Ebay - one cream coloured one just sold for $660 yesterday.

Just curious what did Optimo charge for the full renovation on this fedora - I have a Borsalino that is also too soft and need some attention. Thanks.

$105 .....

$50 to clean and block but it can go higher depending on the condition of the hat.
$30 for new leather sweat
$25 for shipping back in a heavy gauge container.

So besides this being a very nice lid I would like to recoup a bit of the Optimo charge.....

By the way, they do an outstanding job. the hat holds it bash but is still very soft and in no way stiff......

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
That Cream colored Borso on eBay was a wonderful hat, rare for it's style and color to some degree. The seller has a few more very clean and nice hats on auction now, and is a very nice person as well. He says he knows a person from the "lounge" but does not know his "handle" the he posts under! He has a off white hat now also listed....

In looking at the Borso he sold for over $600.00, when the hat was at around $350.00, I made mention that more than likely the last few moments of the auction, there would be a flurry of activity, and I was correct in that. Who ever won that auction really wanted to own that hat.
That was a gorgeous hat, would have liked to have had it myself as I don't have a cream borso but wrong size and I really wouldn't have gone that high so I am glad it wasn't my size... :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner